Honeycomb Bravo, is it better now?

I don’t use anything for my Bravo and have no issues switching between the profiles I setup based on RMAG’s tutorial.

3 Likes

Someone uses Them both with a Mooney m20r ?
What are your setups please ?
Thanks.

Never needed 3d party apps for Alpha or Bravo. Love 'em like crazy.

1 Like

Sure … but you have to be fair about that having been a problem with every device, that has „always on“ switches. So it has been a problem indeed, but not a specific one for honeycomb bravo only.

That setup is amazing

1 Like

Why? This topic is not about every other device, so it’s not relevant to discuss here. I just found it interesting that OP questioned whether the Bravo issues were addressed and every response in this thread is along the lines of “mine has always worked perfectly”, where that wasn’t the case at all. There were well known, well documented issues that affected every owner of the Bravo. They weren’t Honeycomb’s fault, and they’ve been fixed, but OP’s concerns were well founded.

1 Like

Yes there problems with fs 2020 which in my experience have all been resolved for some time regarding the Alpha and Bravo. The “on” switches were not a flaw, but by design. It took MS/Asobo some time to take advantage of that design.

Well if you like to see it that way … you could also say, people using the bravo had CTDs wich would be true for (maybe) lots of people but isn’t related to using the bravo at all.

As those kind of “always on”-switches are nothing unusual in lots of flight simulator related devices, I think MS/Asobo was to blame and in the end it was them who had to fix it. I think people telling, they never had issues, meant obviously no issues specifically caused by the bravo itself.

1 Like

Since beta testing last summer, I’ve never had a CTD related to the Honeycomb gear.

neither had I … that was an example of a statement one could make due to correlation without causality. As stating “bravos had a problem with 10degree bug” was (at least in my opinion) … cause the problem was there, but equally unrelated to honeycomb devices as CDTs …

1 Like

No, those comparisons aren’t the same at all. The 10 degree heading, 1000 ft altitude bugs were bugs that affected specific hardware, the most popular of which are the Honeycomb series. There’s a clear difference between that and random CTD’s that have nothing to do with hardware at all. Don’t be ridiculous.

As to your 2nd point, I clearly stated that this was an Asobo issue. Doesn’t matter if the issue is “caused by the Bravo itself” or caused by Asobo. The fact is if you owned a Bravo, you were affected by these issues that did not impact players who weren’t using a Bravo. If somebody is considering purchasing a Bravo, but wants to confirm whether or not there are issues with it. I doubt they care who is to blame for those issues. They just want to know if it’s working as intended and whether the previous issues were addressed. Fortunately, they have been.

In the original post, @ClemsonFan331 stated “seems like this thing was not working well with MSFS for quite a while”. That was an accurate statement, considering the above issues, and everybody in this thread aside from the astute @JimSim831 acted like they never existed. Pretending that issues didn’t plague the Bravo for months is just disingenuous.

1 Like

and you like to blame the most popular victim of that bug? If we can agree that to wasn’t the bravo causing the issues, then people answering the OP question “has it gotten better?” rightfully by … “no, cause it was fine from the beginning”

I am not stating there were no issues, but as you said yourself: people using the bravo were affected (by a bug in the sim), that’s of course true but nothing had to be made “better” with it (or with other affected devices). It is now “as good” or “as bad” as it was, when it was launched. In that sense I stay with my opinion that random CTDs are equally unrelated to the bravos hardware as the Asobo-fixed bugs were enough to make the bravo work.

If you think, that comparison is ridiculous, that’s ok for me … not every comparison has to be 100% a match in circumstances to highlight a point to make in an argument.

Even if we disagree on my argument/comparision, im happy, that we both seem to enjoy our bravo right now, as that is what counts in the end.

Sorry, but that logic is just absurd. Again, it doesn’t matter who was responsible for the issues. The issues EXISTED. That is all that matters. It was not “fine from the beginning”. Owners of the Bravo, like myself could not dial in a proper heading or altitude with the device for several months. It is not “as good or as bad” as it was when it was launched. It is better. Why? Because I can actually use the heading bug and altitude bug properly, whereas I was not able to do so before.

The bottom line is I think it’s obvious what the OP was referring to when he stated “seems like this thing was not working well with MSFS for quite a while”. He wasn’t talking about unrelated CTD’s, he was talking about the heading bug / altitude change / trim wheel problems.

1 Like

its not … from a pure technical standpoint. But know what? You are right, I was wrong. Happier now?

Happy swimming …

Not exactly… my post reads:
“I’m not having any trouble with mine.
Haven’t for a long time.”

So if you’re going to call “everybody in this thread… disingenuous” then it should apply to you as well, for assuming we all said the same thing.

But to address the OP’s subject line… yes, it’s better now.

Jim-Sim

I stated “Pretending that issues didn’t plague the Bravo for months is just disingenuous.” You, apparently, didn’t do that, so it doesn’t apply to you, right?

1 Like

I didn’t realize that your, “everybody” didn’t apply to everybody.

Sorry to have offended Jim. I have edited the post to more accurately reflect the thread, as I missed your prior comment.

We’re good.
:slightly_smiling_face:

I just noticed that the latest mobiflight beta allows you to select the bravo as a module and configure specific msfs events to any of the 48 buttons (plus 6 axis) on the bravo. There are events for all your favourites including FBW, WT CJ4, CRJ, JF ARROW and more! Sebastian is doing outstanding work with mobiflight, and i’m really looking forward to reconfiguring my bravo for specific aircraft.
So to answer the OP, hopefully the Bravo will be EVEN BETTER now!

2 Likes