Honeycomb Bravo, is it better now?

Thankyou. Built up by me over 3 to 4 years. So much enjoyment in my senior years. Really shows up the good parts of msfs.

1 Like

Finally back in stock and MSRP. Ordered mine today. I’ll be Craigslisting my Logitech Yoke, throttle quadrant combo and Switch panel.

Everything works fine except for the trim wheel which basically behaves like a button (when you rotate enough it turns a bit). Not ideal but still very much usable. The other throttles/axes work well. I don’t use most of the small buttons/knobs because I fly in VR and can’t see them, so can’t comment on that.

Check if you have the Working Title Garmin 1000 Nav addon activated in Content Manager in MSFS. This particular add on causes havoc with Honeycomb Bravo Throttle (trim wheel, autopilot functionality, etc). If installed, try deactivating it.

I use AAO with the alpha, bravo and xtouch mini too. It works great. Having different msfs profiles for different aircraft would be a pain.

1 Like

I do the Various Bravo profiles for Simple single, complex single, complex twin, twin jet, etc.

Are you saying you can switch between aircraft without having to choose a new Bravo profile? I’m not familiar with AAO.

Exactly that. You set a profile for each aircraft (actually you can have a different profile for different liveries if you want too - not sure why that would be helpful), and AAO automatically detects the plane you are flying and switches profiles. You can set templates and apply them to new aircraft for some or all of the controls - e.g. you can set up a template that covers just the G1000 Garmin, and then apply that template to other aircraft that use that Garmin too.

It is very powerful, and there are many templates available online. You can do advanced scripting too, although that’s a bit beyond me at the moment.

There’s a great thread here that is worth looking at to get an idea, although it has just closed:

Or you can see the support forum here:

And you can try the free demo here:

1 Like

I think you have to change profiles.

Sounds impressive. I will try the demo but $16 when all I’ll use it for is to save me having to manually change profiles seems a bit lazy on my part. I still have to swap out the physical levers on the bravo after all. Changing profiles is only a few clicks.

Who knows. Maybe the demo will prove it’s value.

1 Like

Give it a shot - it’s a lot more powerful than the sim key mappings and you can do a lot more with it - a lot of which is much more complex than my needs certainly and perhaps yours.

AAO switches automatically for you as it detects the aircraft you are using - you don’t need to do that manually

1 Like