Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and SU5

Reloaded everything…Bravo still not working. I have axes 1. 2 and 3 working, but noone of the switched on all axes or switch panel.

1 Like

I have a different problem with the Alpha and Bravo. When I tried to change a key binding on the Alpha, MSFS froze. I restarted the program, I have unplugged the Alpha and plugged it back in, but it has not helped. I tried to change a binding on the Bravo and encountered the same issue.

I suspect this is another casualty from update 5, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Make sure you have only the devices connected (i have keyboard, mouse, honeycomb,bravo,alpha and Saitek pedals) you are using in the sim. I have my extra Saitek hotas and throttle disconnected. (I use a usb hub…). When i have the extra hotas and throttle also connected i have also axes trouble :thinking:.
When i need to use the hotas and throttle (flyinside bell…) i have to disconnected the bravo and alpha. Maybe MSFS has limited or to much devices? or they conflicted?

1 Like

The Afc bridge is not necesseray (unless we want the leds to work), i’m talking about the axis and binding them

i’ve got no issues here with the bravo. The trim on the bravo is working much better than before, but might be a tiny bit too sensitive now. I’ve configured the bravo with much the same profiles as in that youtube video (https://youtu.be/9xv3BEjysyQ) mentioned here before.

i can confirm on my side that single engine prop (throttle and mixture) are working for me, as well as single engine complex (throttle, rpm and mixture) as well as the 2 engine jets and airliners. With the a320 fbw i did have to do calibration in the flypad/efb on the development version of the fbw mod (which is the only one compatible with su5). i havent tested the 4 engine layout yet, as i haven’t tried the 747 :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with the Alpha and Bravo. Sim freezes. I submitted a report to Zendesk and hope to get a resolution.

1 Like

Not really! I have null devices set up for every controller, so I never disconnect them, I just switch over to the null (empty, no bindings) to remove the stuff I’m not using. And prior to SU5, I had the X-56 throttles nulled out while I used the joystick, and there were no problems with the Bravo.

Same here. No issue. Are the freezes not happening when you disconnect the Bravo? Because I think it’s happening for a lot of people with a lot of different hardware, which may point to something altogether different. I use to have constant freezes in VR on the days after the update but not anymore…Maybe the infrastructure was brought to its knees by the 40gb update + xbox release.

Thanks much!

It might not be necessary, but it sure adds to the realism and fun of the throttle quadrant and it doesn’t work on the latest build

The AFC bridge does not work for me

are you sure? Maybe you have to install the MSFS drivers again after the update. Only AFC_bridge copy back in the community folder is not enough. (Check if there is a entry in the exe.xml file).

Hi
Not the same problem as yourself but an annoying problem when I try to allocate a control within the setup area. As an example when I try to allocate feathering to either prop lever by selecting the bottom detent in the prop levers the system hangs and I have to reboot.

1 Like

When you make your selection, move the throttle out of the assigned position, in this case the detent, and the sim will come alive again.

same here. can not change keybinds with out sim freezing.

1 Like

Switches are no longer working on existing bindings for Bravo throttle quzdrant and Airbus Thrushmaster sidestick POV hat not working in cockpit view, even though they are binded in options. Also, in the control options menu, the Bravo settings are not flashing when selecting the functions to confirm validation. Anyone else with this issue and a possible fix?

1 Like

I submitted a report to Zendesk regarding the sim freezing when you try to assign/change bindings, but from what I have seen on the forum Zendesk just replies with a boilerplate response and refers you back to the forum where we don’t have the answer. Hopefully there will be enough users reporting this problem and we will get there attention.l

1 Like

I guess that is all we can do. hopefully they sort it all out with the next update. just be prepared for something else breaking… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi WobbliesstAce53
Yes that worked - Cheers
Have you also noticed that in the logbook area take offs are recorded but not landings?

No, not generally. Seems to be working okay.