Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and SU5

I can confirm this.

did you figure out your Bravo yet?

Would you be able to put a ticket in for this? I will when I get to my laptop in a few days, but it would be nice if they could be notified and thanks and welcome to the community!!

Same problem I am having. I submitted a report to Zendesk weeks ago with no response.

Okay, guys, here’s my personal discovery - your mileage may vary. As for the actual operation of all the switches and buttons, everything seems to be working. The problem now seems to be that the bindings themselves do not visibly “flash” when they are operated. If I push the Flap lever down, the flaps do go down, but on the Controller page, the binding (i.e. Joystick button 42) does not “blink.” Why they disabled that is beyond me, but I used that “blink” as a verification that the bind worked.

Secondly, the problem I was having with the 1st two axes on the Bravo (control went from 0 to 50% as soon as I moved the lever a 1/4 inch) was solved by going to the Windows Game Controllers, selecting the Bravo, selecting Properties, clicking on the Settings tab, and clicking on Reset to Default, then backing out and going back to FS. Do NOT try to calibrate the Bravo in Windows.

Hopefully in SU6 or 7 or 12 or whatever, Asobo/MS will stop trying to make their product dumbed-down for the XBox crowd, and will give us our sim back.

1 Like

I just did the mandatory update and am using the Bravo. I cannot get the auto-pilot to set up correctly. The VS setting on the Bravo does not work. I have checked and button 20 is correctly setup as it was when I was using it before the update and the Alpha is working fine. I did notice that AFC Bridge is no longer is my community folder so I downloaded the software from Honeycomb and went to reinstall it but it won’t reload saying that it cannot find a directory so the reinstall fails. Thus I cannot set a course and fly it with auto -pilot. Help.

just manually copy the AFC_Bridge folder into community folder. yea, im having a few autopilot issues but they seem to be related to modded planes (pretty sure), and that i need to learn a bit more about the idiosyncrasies . does the VS knob work on the bravo, in other words, my VS knob is working for example in the CJ4 (working title) just fine when looking at the glass cockpit screens

Can you tell me how I can find the proper location for the community folder so I can make sure the install to address is correct?

In the MS Store version, it’s located in %LOCALAPPDATA%/MSFSPackages. Not sure if it’s the same for the Steam version.

I have the honeycomb bravo and ever since the last update my auto pilot light won’t light up but everything else works

Do the landing gear and annunciator lights work?

I got no lights at all?

I had the same problem and found a post on Reddit which – for me – solved the problem. I can’t find the link right now, otherwise I would have provided it to give credit where credit is due.

Prior to Googling the solution, I had been communicating with Honeycomb on another issue I was having with my Bravo (a dead switch). Relative to the lights, the support rep asked me to make sure that the Honeycomb Bridge Module was shown as running under the Flightsimulator.exe process as seen in Windows Task Manager. In my case it wasn’t, so I figured the problem was on my end and not with the Bravo.

Anyway, the suggestion from Reddit was to delete the exe.xml file which for me was located in Users\’my user name’\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator directory. I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST that you make a copy of that file before deleting it – for reasons I’ll explain below.

Then uninstall the AFC_Bridge related software, which I did via “Add or remove programs” – uninstalling the “Aerosoft’s – Honeycomb – MSFS” program.

Then reinstall the Honeycomb software which you downloaded / can download from the Honeycomb website. Doing so will / did (…for me) recreate the exe.xml file and populate it with the command lines necessary to launch the AFC_Bridge program when MSFS starts up. As I understand it, the exe.xml file is there for that very purpose, to launch specific programs upon MSFS startup.

You should also see the AFC_Bridge program in you Community folder.

As a force of habit, I always reboot every time I install or uninstall a program. Not sure that was necessary in this case but I did it anyway!?

After that was done, once into the sim, my lights worked and indeed the Honeycomb Bridge Process was present under Flightsimulator.exe (viewed through Windows Task Manager).

A word of caution and the reason for strongly suggesting you back up the original exe.xml. I also use FSUIPC (a prerequisite for the RemoteFlight Windows server necessary for the sim to communicate with the RemoteFlight apps I run on my iPads) and when reinstalled the AFC_Bridge software, the newly created exe.xml didn’t contain the command lines associated with running FSUIPC. Luckily, I had the backup of the exe.xml and was able to copy the FSUIPC section (starting with and including <Launch.Addon> and end with and including </Launch.Addon>) into the new exe.xml and once I restarted the sim, it too worked. So check your original / backed up exe.xml file (I used Notepad) to see if there are any other programs that launch upon sim startup BEFORE doing any of the above!

Finally, this worked for me and your mileage may vary, so proceed with caution. I don’t think you can do any harm (but I don’t profess to be an expert on this - by any stretch of the imagination!) and if all else fails, copy the backup exe.xml back to its original directory. I am running MSFS through Steam in case that has a bearing on file locations, etc.

Thanks for your info. Where is this light module? Is this a seperate kind if installation or did you reinstall the complete honeycomb? Thanks.

I simply downloaded the Microsoft Flight Simulator “Honeycomb software” from Honeycomb Downloads – Honeycomb Aeronautical website. It is a zip file (AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_5.ZIP), which I unzipped and executed the AS_HONEYCOMB_MSFS_V2100.exe. That automagically loaded the AFC_Bridge software into my Community folder. That’s all I did.

1 Like

Thanks, I did an update via the aerosoft installer and it does nit work. Reinstalling gives me the folder. Thanks for your help.

So do you now have lights?

Yes, the reinstalling also created the folders. I did the first update with the aerosoft updater and the folders were not created. Sometimes it is better to reinstall just only updating.

Glad to hear.

I too am now having difficulty in getting Axis 1 and Axis 2 to operate in a linear movement when assigning each Axis.
If I use Throttle Axis only for a twin engine the axis bar goes from 0 to 40 then jumps to 100 when Bravo control reaches the top.
When I assign the Throttle axis 1&2 (0-100%) the bar movement shows Throttle 2 at 40% while Throttle 1 is at 10%. When I start to increase the Throttle from 0
The Sensitivity is reset and I have setup a new Profile.
I am using 1.20.6.0 update
Any assistance greatly appreciated. I don’t understand why it’s this difficult……