Honeycomb bravo throttle, delayed again for me

Still waiting for mine :pensive: ordered on september 8th

Yes, single engine profile. Have not tested it yet. And went into my 2 Jet throttle one, and don’t have the VLC issue in it. Have not checked the others. Waiting for my new Virpil Grip Bracket to arrive, then will setup and configure all of it one day when WX is horrible outside.

Sweeet it’s arrived can’t wait to spend the next hr setting up profiles lol

I looked at this last year and thought about it. Then, I had an attack of commonsense that said “Wait! You don’t need it!” And then an uneasy feeling towards Christmas that considered the gamma rays emanating from the other end of the sofa. Finally, a rush of blood to the head and hang it. I will go for it. The question is, does anyone have likely time frames for UK users? A few phone calls suggest end of Feb or early March which is okay, but does this sound believable to you lot?

Some top tips on setting up the Bravo in this thread:

1 Like

also on rmag youtube channel as well

Yes I’ve linked those videos in my post. They are excellent

If anyone wants one, be quick, they on sale on their website with delivery 6th Feb !!!

Got the email and immediately went to their site and they were already SOLD OUT. I guess they send out the emails in the middle of the night and by the next morning at 5 am here in Ohio they are already sold out. Oh well maybe sometime…

I was just lucky, no email but have been regularly checking their site, I was up at 2am UK time and stock became available so dived in.

If y’all want the less-stress option, pre-order through Sporty’s (if you’re in the US.) I did so with my Alpha and it shipped, to the day, on the date promised. Ordered the Bravo on Dec 26 for supposed shipping on Feb 9. Will update if it moves.

Preoredered mine in September 2020. Was given a delivery date of late October, then late November, then late December then mid January.
Was billed five days ago and am tracking the delivery.
S far as I know it is now sitting in a despatch warehouse somewhere in my home city waiting to be delivered to me.
Hopefully later today (18 Jan) or tomorrow.
So it’s been over four months so it should be worth the wait going o what I have seen on
youtube.

1 Like

The Honeycomb site for the TQ says “Duties and Import taxes not included.” Does anyone know what these amount to? If one waits and buys the TQ from a distributor, presumably the distributor eats those costs as part of his product margin as My Pilot Store lists the sale price of a TQ as $249.99, same price as Honeycomb site but without “the duties and import taxes not included” warning.

Bravo Throttle Quadrant – Honeycomb Aeronautical (flyhoneycomb.com)

Your local shop will add those costs to their wholesale price
Tho if the shop is in the same country as the manufacture there will be no import deities or taxes lucky you

It is worth the wait. I waited two months for mine and never regretted it.

All - First-it’s worth the price I think. It certainty makes flying that much more realistic. But, since TQ now, busy doing stuff like controlling plane and messing with all the other controls. My desk setup is horrible, so that is contributing to my “busy mess”. I am searching for work bench/table about 36"Dx29"Hx 5-6’long. Home depot has number of them, going to look this week. Then will shift all MSFS stuff over to it, and just use Laptop on desk when working, and move to FLT Sims space when flying. Later on will get high end gamer desktop for sim. Later this year maybe.

2nd - Configuration RMAG’s YouTube channel will help you do both fixes and make 5 different profiles to MSFS. It will not help you if like me, you have FSX as well. That is all manual, although, there is SW to install so lights work. So FSX sees TQ.

3rd - But, seems to me, each A/C’s config file should already include the correct TQ and FY parameters so we as users don’t have to be programmers to make this work. I have spent hours messing with this thing, and mostly its done, but the knobs/buttons for AP are not working correctly I don’t think. They show up in unit profile, but turning left knob makes some of the button lights come on, and know it’s not supposed to I don’t think. Have not checked to see if, the right knob moves them in the correct increments, i.e., hundreds of feet, or one degree if navigation items. Like said, too much time setting up, getting to work and not flying. There is known bug in sim, which does not handle switches/buttons correctly, and asobo is working on fixing that.

Opinion - Yes, like yoke, makes flying more fun and more complicated, like I think it should be in RL. But, Aerosoft/Honeycomb should have worked closer with Asobo to create the profiles needed for each plane in sim, and those profiles should already be ready for use. We should not have to become programmers/testers et-al. to use this game. I spend way more time “testing things” than I do just hopping in plane and flying around. Some of that is the complexity of the sim in general, but some is just things which are broken and need fixing.

2 Likes

Just going to plug Sporty’s again. Mine somehow already shipped, despite not promised until next month.

My order status has been updated… Amazon are now giving an estimated delivery date of March 1st

At least I’ve got another date. it has changed several times since I placed my order back in May last year. For the last two or three months there hasn’t even been an estimated date.
I was hoping for something sooner though.

regards
Steve

Without wishing to use the B***** word, I wonder if Amazon UK’s price will hold given the new trading arrangements with Europe? I believe that the manufactured units will be shipped from Aerosoft in Germany to their UK partner and then to Amazon for fulfilment so there are now new customs and VAT procedures in place…

Fingers crossed that there’s no impact!

Cancelled my US order from honeycomb today as a few units popped up on box.co.uk and managed to nab one, here tomorrow.