Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant LEDs AFC bridge

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone has an update on not having to execute the AFC bridge everytime to get the LEDS working or has there been an update i’m not aware of?

Afc_bridge is launched automatically for me each time I load the sim. I do recall having had to edit the exe.xml file as the reference was malformed, but otherwise that just works here? Are you saying you have to manually launch it each time?

Yeah I do have to manually do it each time. can you tell me how to make it automatic?

Thanks.

1 Like

The exe.xml file in your localcache directory should have a line like this in it:

<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>AFCBridge</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>C:\Users\**yourusename**\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>

*fixed

Read this thread:

Check your EXE.xml file. It should have a block that looks like:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

Assuming a MS store version of the sim, and that being where your AFC_Bridge.exe is stored

Thanks guys i’ll try that and report back.

if u have afc bridge in your community folder it should work

I do have it in my community folder but it’s in a folder should I bring it out?

Guys i checked and i do have that block already in my exe.xml file. Restarted it and still not working. Any suggestions?

Maybe give this a shot?

I’ve been using it for a while now and I think it’s way better than the official bridge app (allows for customization and per plane configurations, for example)

1 Like

Does this require any other 3rd party software to work?

I believe so. Why don’t you just try?

Or removed it and download the latest version from HC.
It’s a self-extracting .exe installer, unless I’m terribly mistaken.

Check the other things in your exe.xml file are properly formatted. Mine launches axis and ohs and afc_bridge.

Also - did you validate the path in exe.xml matches the installed location?

Just tried Better Bravo Lights. Works fine for me. Thanks.

So I went to try using the bravo better lights and tried to install it. Then it comes saying your exe.xml file is corrupted!! No wonder it’s not working right. Any ideas what I can do?

Ok so it’s not auto loading probably because of bad formatting of your exe.xml file.

DM me. I’ll take a look and see if I can see where it’s wrong.

Ok I’ll do it when I get back home. Will probably be tomorrow. Thanks

so sorry for the delay I’ve ended up getting it working by just deleting the file and it created a new one when i installed better bravo lights. All now working automatically thanks for all your help guys.

Royston’s mod is awesome and works way better than AFC Bridge. Was able to invert all the AP lights in my bravo so they are all on except the selected function, way better for dark room environments

1 Like