Honeycomb Bravo users: Full functionality after SU5?

Sorry for delay. I’ve found no duplicate bindings & my light switch problem persists. I tried the default after a reinstall, even tried re-doing all bindings to no avail.

The unclickable switches occur when you switch one to the on, or off state.
For example, if I switch the landing lights on, I cannot toggle them with the mouse, they are locked into position, & unfortunately incorrect.

This is just conjecture, but the forum is full of posts relating to keybinding problems with all sorts of peripherals. So it seems to me to be related to Asobo changing things for the Xbox release.

First and foremost I want to thank everyone here that is helping out. Thanks to your efforts I finally have the light on my Bravo working again.

I would like to ask a question regarding the Alpha if no one minds. Is anyone else having an issue in which you calibrate the yoke thru Windows, everything works great at takeoff, enroute on AP but when the AP is disengaged the Alpha now has a decided pull to the left that can only be corrected by recalibrating? (I’m going to do the Honeycomb full reset in a bit).

I cant swear to it but it also seems to be present with my Saitek pedals but that’s for another thread. I could really use some help with the Alpha first.

Again, thanks everyone, your the best.

The reply from Honeycomb support:

GS (Honeycomb Aeronautical)

Aug 18, 2021, 7:38 PDT

We have been made aware of issues after the latest MSFS update for a small number of users that affect their controls and swtiches.

This we believe is down to a corruption of files during the download process. The only fix we know currently works is to delete all the profiles you have created barr the Default and re-create them. We know this is not what our customers want to hear but this is currently out of our hands as we await a patch from Asobo that may fix this issue in the future.

Best Regards,

Grant Sproson

Supervisor

Technical and
Customer Support.

8799 Balboa Avenue, Suite 265, San Diego, CA, 92123

Phone: 619-633-3054

www.flyhoneycomb.com

I did all my profiles again recently, only issue is the Aerosoft CRJ buttons not working…I think :thinking::thinking:

Every time there is an update the some of my profiles get overwritten with the default. I am having the LED issue randomly(depends which plane and which button).

After SU5 I was having (I thought) USB problems…Long painful story short. Reinstall drivers after every update.