Honeycomb Throttle Availability

Very much agree…all these you tubers get early access to free graphics cards and hardware and the only thing when can do is harass the companies doing it until they stop.

Seriously?? You do realize every brand sends out products to these YouTube celebs that have hundreds of thousands or millions of viewers? That’s how things are today. Just look at the nVidia rtx3080 vids. I can’t get one but all these tech channels get one for free to review. You seem to allude that I’m somehow part of the problem by paying $150 extra for the yoke but you know what? I have it now! I don’t like scalping either but I was using a God ■■■■■■ Xbox controller before. For $150 to not have to wait 5-6 months it was well worth it.

2 Likes

Yes, all autopilot controls work as intended out of the box.

Two points of note.

1. Some functions such as VS and ALT had the AP mode selection bounded to the rotating selection know, as well as the individual mode button. This meant when rotating the selection knob to ALT, it would engage and level the aircraft immediately. I removed these bindings so I can now preselect the values I need, then a engage them with the individual mode buttons. It works much nicer this way.

2. The 10° increment bugs still affects HDG and CRS selection. It also affects the altitude selection, moving in 1000s rather than 100s. Though it does seem intermittent.

2 Likes

Thanks. So how do you dial in a new setting? Is the selector knob choosing what you are adjusting, the other knob dials in a value, and the mode button confirms it?

And I’m assuming the AP buttons are working well on aircraft with Garmin systems? It would be interesting to know if there’s any compatibility with the A320 as that AP is a different beast with its select and managed modes.

Yep, that’s exactly how it works.

I haven’t used it with anything larger than the CJ4 yet, so can’t comment on its functions with the airliners.

1 Like

If you think that Scalpers are bad for the Honeycomb devices, just look at what they marking up the new X-Boxes Series X !!!

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/18645849156115410?q=x-box+series+x&prds=epd:11786256262349628577,prmr:3,eto:11786256262349628577_1,rto:1,tpim:CK_ni8qzmOa6lQEQmdmr5qK-o-g7GPDoraQEIgNVU0Qo8K3F_gUw5OXLAw&utm_medium=tu_prop&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&utm_campaign=7533284&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjNn9fs-bjtAhXHFFkFHTqOBgwQguUECBY

I want it – I want it now – and I am going to pay whaterver it cost to get here here tomorrow !!!
( with Daddy’s Credit Card)

1 Like

They cared enough about me to ship me my product I paid for back in September a week early. They kept me up to date with the shipping and production schedule and did everything they promised. Scalpers exist because people like you buy from them. Honeycomb didn’t do anything wrong.

1 Like

Actually there are plenty of ways companies could avoid this, like Nvidia, by simply allowing people to place a single pre-order that is protected with captcha and only one credit card use & address on their website. Honeycomb did do a pre-order, not sure if they limited order quantity however, but Nvidia didn’t. They didn’t put any protective measures in place to prevent mass purchasing for profit. And now, still to this day, there is not one site or vendor I can find that will simply let us place an order now and simply wait till it comes into stock and is shipped to us. That way there’s a queue. Currently one has to keep watching every website selling them waiting to see one in stock and pounce on it.

This absolutely could’ve been avoided.

2 Likes

I can answer this… initially there was no quantity limit. I know this because I placed an order the very minute they were available on Honeycomb’s website. I ordered two. One for myself, and one for my son. The order was taken, and the website shut down in a matter of minutes as, “Sold Out.” The following day I received an email from Honeycomb that one of my two items was cancelled and I was refunded on it. I contacted them to ask why, and I was told they were limiting sales to one only (even though it was never posted anywhere). Since I was already seeing unshipped units being sold on eBay for $600+ and I didn’t want to lose the chance that I would at least get the unit “I” wanted… I didn’t argue.

Got mine on 12/4/2020.

It’s sad that the manufacturers have to do this to help prevent scalping, but it would have been nice to know there was a quantity limit when I ordered mine, so that my son could have ordered his separately at the same time.

Jim-Sim

1 Like

Press getting units before public availability is SOP in marketing for virtually any product.

Scalpers are an unfortunate part of society and there is only so much manufactures and retaliates can do about it.

Your best bet to get a unit is to place a back order and wait or pay a scalper.

The universe is indifferent, start getting used to it.

Meh.I didn’t scan websites for hours jump through any special hoops to buy one… I saw a Reddit post randomly that said they were available went to the honeycomb website and bought one as easy as that… Scalpers exist because people will pay them … end.

1 Like

Yes scalpers exist because we live in a capalist society :wink: I was merely saying there are measures companies can take to avoid or lessen their operating impact :+1:

Yes, seriously.

And I’m merely saying that if the general public has patience the company doesn’t need to protect people from their own bad habits. Done debating… gopnna go fly with my new yoke and throttle… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t buy from a scalper. And you say they didn’t do anything wrong. They told me they have a policy of not allowing scalping of preorders. Which is clearly going on. I sent them links. I even offered to compile a list of where they were from - how many preorders do you think they are from Abiline, TX? Not many. They told me to go F myself. So there ya go.

Wasn’t debating you bro :v: I was actually in agreement but was just pointing out there are ways to combat this. That’s all. Enjoy your flying and new gear man :metal: Did some earlier, and some Eurotruck 2 deliveries :grin:

My experience is my experience. The sold me a product, sent it before the intended time … nothing wrong.

1 Like

Marv Golden currently has the Alpha in stock for those interested.

There are very lucky guys amongst you. I’ve ordered my copy 16 months ago. I live in Belgium and bought my version with Aerosoft. The only thing i know, at this moment, that delivery is expected mid december. Time will tell🤔

I ordered mine on 10/1, it has shipped and I’ll have it tomm. I got mine from here https://www.sportys.com/honeycomb-alpha-flight-simulator-yoke.html

Anyone care to share there sensitivity settings?