Hot Fix to get rid of haze

Personally think the weather looks great at the moment. I don’t spend time worrying about how accurately it matches real world, as this is a simulator, not reality. But it looks realistic and that’s far more important to get right first. Once that is nailed down sure make it more like real world data - but that’s always going to be a work in progress.

3 Likes

Well, it’s certainly fixed the LOD problem…

4 Likes

My vote on this: No for getting “rid” of haze. We have not been able to fly in any other place other than the US (especially not in South Asia) because of the lack of realistic visibility depiction. Real world visibilities don’t look like a wintry day in Montana. What needs to happen is an improvement to the haze and smog depiction. Asobo has taken a step in the right direction here, and they need to refine their haze and smoke depictions to make it less intense in CAVOK conditions in the US. They also need to work on the abrupt transitions out of the “haze” area, both vertically and horizontally. In the hazy areas, when the visibility matches the haze depiction, the sim currently looks incredible. I can finally fly into New Delhi and not see the runway until I am at 200 feet, with no clouds above me either.

2 Likes

Can we get a hot fix to take away ridiculous requests to remove the haze? The weather system in the simulator is incredible. Ultimately it is the best weather system I have seen across multiple sims. Feel free to go outside and experience the real elements if it’s not enough for you.

5 Likes

Geez msfs users are picky as hell

6 Likes

If we need a hotfix for anything it would be for the stupidly annoying ‘enable freelook resets zoom’ bug.

■■■■■■■ impossible to zoom in on the instruments and clicking mid mouse zooms back out again.

But Asobo doesn’t know what hotfixes are so we probably have to deal another month with this ■■■■

Ontopic though: haze is a nice addition to the sim but i agree sometimes it’s too much.

Nice we finally have the ability to create some sort of fog by ourselves by setting a low cloud layer and chabge the density. Ubfortunately setting it to 0.01 is the lowest it can go.

I like how they stated in the very beginning that having a visibility slider is ‘not how it works in real life’ and now more then a year later we get these desperate workarounds for basicaly achieving lower visibility but it has to be more complicated because they’re to arrogant to just inplement a visibility slider.

Start listening to the community for real please. And stop this overly complicated approach for everything…

2 Likes

They can’t even release an update with basic control functions in VR, how are they gonna tackle complicated weather systems!?

They said on the Q&A they need a rest, they need to fix these issues THEN have a break as this isn’t good enough, as a paying customer I’m bitterly disappointed, to have these issues that should’ve been fixed prior to release is simply unacceptable.

2 Likes

They don’t have to tackle complicated weather systems. The live weather should be improved (more acurate). They should stop trying to implement things that are ‘how they are in real life’. Flight simulator is using visibility layers like forever… And no one ever complained about it being unrealistic.

Imagine, a world where you can create a layer with every desired altitude, and being able to set the desired visibility in distance :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: wow magic.

Qatar REAL metar … vis 9999 … cloudy

Live formula one ( especially from HELI views ) : HAZE … for me no clouds vissible

Again … people should first try tonunderstand METARS and aviation weather …. And then shout for change. Because it is evennin TEAL live hard to make it 100%

24 hours later the haze looks a lot more believable.

LOL not here, on the ground IRL here no haze at all, in the sim I thought I spawned into Heathrow… ;p Just turned it off and made my own real ‘almost’ weather … good enough I guess.

1 Like

Sorry but I wanted to read all the posts but there are a lot of them, I ask for help regarding the haze, I flew to northern Italy for 2 or three hours, today with real weather the haze suddenly appears and disappears absurdly! I was landing in Rivolto and 2 miles from the runway I went from full visibility to zero !!! holy cow !! as usual they fix one thing and break it … how can I prevent this unreal behavior of the fog that suddenly appears and disappears?
thank you all

4 Likes

Exactly. Being a RW and ex military pilot, haze is something we deal with all the time. I happen to like the metar matching they’ve done with SU7. I went where haze was forecast (India) and it was pretty well simulated. I have no qualms about it at the moment. This is what flying is all about.

2 Likes

The haze is now on (estimated) 80% of the flights I have done.

Using live weather for VFR and flying low has unfortunately become quite impossible for me.

I loved the weather system they had before SU7, no idea why they changed it.

If those VATSIM pilots need something else, it shold have been optional, not enforced for everybody.

Using Live Weather was half the fun for me.

3 Likes

That’s great if you think the haze looks pretty, or if you just haven’t happened to encounter one of the problems with it yet. However, if it literally breaks your flight, then it’s a problem. When a field reports well above VFR conditions, but then it’s actually IFR, it’s a problem. And when you’re flying along and you’re instantly in extreme IMC, it’s a problem.

No implementation of a feature is better than a bad implementation.

“Just set your own weather settings, or fly somewhere else.” I can’t recreate conditions using the weather menu. The capability just isn’t there, and it’s totally impractical trying to recreate the volumetric weather along a flight. And when you fly in a specific area because of a service you’re using like PilotEdge, then just flying somewhere else isn’t a great option either. Ultimately the broken parts of the simulator get shelved, and you just wind up doing something else in the meantime until it eventually gets fixed.

11 Likes

So have you seen the ACTUAL Flightradar24 METAR and weather ?

FOG !!! humidity 96%

So sure the transition is not ok … but even then … the METAR is correct and no VFR condition the first place i supose

If an METAR station right next to KONT is updating slower … or just that station has less fog ( kan be local ) you can get this ( should be ironed out i agree but can be hard if close )

People have been shouting they wanted METAR
Now we have it … and its more real then some people think ( have 341 hours PPL in a C152 ) … and YES … not perfect

The new system should not be removed but improved !

2 Likes

Yes, I know the visibility at KONT is extremely reduced per actual reports.

What I’m pointing out is that this transition both breaks Flight Simulator’s volumetric weather system, and also ruins VFR flying at certain times and locations. If KONT has a cloud over the field, my flight from several miles away could be instantly destroyed by an instant transition to extreme IMC.

But the visibility conditions at KONT are still overdone as well.

KONT reporting 0.25sm at the time of this screenshot, I’m just under 0.25sm from the KONT tower. It appears they’ve set it so visibility is pretty much gone at the reported distance, when my understanding is that I should still have visibility of objects at that distance, albeit reduced.

4 Likes

Did an edit … see above

Wow … its a few meters off …. Come on … its a € 129 game

Its WAY more realistic then then the old system … there KONT tower would have been vissible miles away despite fog

If people start to complaint the weather is of a few hundred feet … its the end ofbthe €129 GAME

2 Likes

Honestly, in my opinion, the haze is a very good thing that was added. The visibility has always been irrealistic… way too good in the past. You definitely dont have such crisp and clear skies every day, everywhere (especially with overcast skies, or in southern, tropical latitudes…). Overcast skies or Brazilian skies mixed with visibility from an extremely dry winter day in Central Canada does not make any sense.

Almost anywhere, everyday, as soon as you take off and gain some altitude, the ground looks some kind of hazy in the distance… Also, from a technical point of view, haze is an amazing workaroubd for LOD issues and blurry textures in the distance! Like in real life, the ground looks blurry in the distance with the haze…

So, I believe that, not only haze makes the environment a lot more realistic, but it also helps with hiding the LOD and blurry textures… therefore, to me, this feature was highly expected and must definitely stay. It can be improved though…

I had noticed before this update that the best time I liked to fly was a couple hours before sunset because the lighting was producing a sort of “haze” in the distance which looked so much realistic than the unlimited visibility we had at noontime…

5 Likes