How are people complaining of graphics?

I am just in awe at the amount of threads of people complaining about graphics.

Man, this game looks **** amazing, the updates have changed how a few things are seen but overall I have never seen ANYTHING get even close to the graphics of this game.

Since this update (that by the way caused me a lot of headaches to install) I have even noticed an improvement in LODs and optimization.

WTF are people complaining about? Look at these screenshots of Tokyo and Utsunomiya, I used to live in Tokyo and it looks â– â– â– â–  real, I could even find my house and see my window and car !

I am the first to complain when something does not work (airliners I am looking at you) but it seems 90% of threads are just trolls trying to take the game down.

And this is how it looks in Xplane 11, just to remind those complaining

34 Likes

I agree, MSFS looks absolutely stunning & I love it.

However, I have seen something slightly better…
MSFS a few weeks ago! The lighting isn’t as good as it was & now there are tower blocks everywhere, even in little villages. They need to fix this ASAP

Regards
Steve

14 Likes

I have to agree with that statement, especially night lightning is worse than during the alpha, but I think some sacrifices had to be made in order to make the game playable with good fps.
Right now I am averaging 50fps with RTX2070 SUPER at 2k, so I am pretty happy with it, prior to the updates I was getting from 10 to 35 fps.
DX12 will probably result in the return of the old lightning model.

2 Likes

I think the same thing. The other sims, especially P3d, have always had horrible graphics, cartoon quality, pop in airports, severe stutters, jagged shadows. It goes on and on.

1 Like

I hope you’re right about DX12
I use three TVs as monitors & at night the streetlights are crystal clear when they’re nearby (maybe a mile or two away from me) all lights further away are blurred. It gives that sort of “model” look (can’t think what the technical name is) & I cant fly at night because of it.

Regards
Steve

1 Like

My main complaint is because of things like this - it just looks ridiculous. There are no huge buildings like that in small villages.

That’s why.

3 Likes

Oh well that is AI generated, 90% it works perfectly but there is no way they can handcraft the entire planet, if you report those areas through zendesk they patch them though, just like they did with barcelona.

4 Likes

That’s my only complaint as well when it comes to visuals (not graphics). And that’s less to do with graphics than world generation. The AI that built the world is unlike anything that’s been done before. It’s good, but imperfect. In time, it will get better, but it will never be perfect and we’ll always end up with weirdness like this in some places.

1 Like

Looks fine to me :slight_smile:

11 Likes

AI was doing pretty well doing the auto-gen before this last update. I wonder if it somehow has to do with the new Japanese building types that were added that are now causing these apartment blocks to be added in areas where they are really out of place.

1 Like

Beautiful (très beau) xD

Yep, I am sure they will patch it, but you did ask why we are complaining! And there are 269 votes at the moment on the thread about building heights, so obviously it is an issue for quite a few people. I think your estimate of 90% working perfectly is a little optimistic. It’s affecting most of Europe, Australia and other countries based on what I’ve read. I’m flying in the US right now where the problem doesn’t seem as prominent.

I miss my water waves and my shiny lakes. Now the water looks matte. waveless and really hard to get waves If I ever get some.

9 Likes

That has nothing to do with graphics, I was not refering to that specific thread.
That being said, I have yet to encounter the issue, so it must only be affecting certain regions

Far enough, and I must agree in terms of lighting and satellite imagery, aircraft textures etc they are really excellent.

1 Like

LOLed at the xp11 screenshot :rofl:

1 Like

I just found this on reddit, FS2020 vs Reality from Tokyo Sky Tree

18 Likes

People are not complaining about the graphics in general (atleast not everyone) but more about the things what we saw in early press videos and alpha builds are not present or downgraded in the release build. Things were promised and mentioned but alot of that is nowhere to be seen now. The water masking for example (getting better now luckely), the lod’s/object view distances etc. Etc.

Also when you compare microsofts earlier videos with the release build there’s aloy to say about the difference in quality.

Asobo even changed the tbm splash screen were before a bridge in the distance was visible, and they removed the bridge because people were complaining about difference in lod between screemshots and actual gameplay.

A dissapearing bridge in a screenshot is ofcourse no problem at all, but still… They’re obviously trying to delete all evidence that they simply cannot deliver what was promised.

Another thing is that all the earlier videos showed “real ingame 60fps 4k footage” at the bottom (or something like that" while even now people get their hands on gtx3090 cards and still being unable to get 60fps at 4k.

They did this to theirselves. They made a bit of a mess and now people are complaining. And comparing to xplane is just nonsense. That game is so old ofcourse it looks worse.

10 Likes

These comparison shots are almost like someone took two screenshots of real life and slightly edited one of them to look like MSFS lol Blows my mind :exploding_head:

2 Likes

so which one is real and which one is from Prepar3d and XP11 ? :rofl: