How are people complaining of graphics?

So let me check something here.

A flight simulator doesn’t need accurate weather as long as it looks good?

A flight simulator doesn’t need functioning avionics as long as it is absolutely gorgeous?

A flight simulator doesn’t need correct engine parameters or fuel consumption as long as the villages I fly over are now full of beautiful skyscrapers?

A flight simulator doesn’t need a functioning navigation system since the only use for it is to look at some pretty ground scenery?

People can’t discuss the blatantly obvious decline in graphical quality from alpha versions because the simulator still looks better than the other simulators on the market?

8 Likes

I already told you the reason is because we know how it can look and it looked better right after release.

If you buy a car with a V8 and a month later you need an inspection and after that you are only left with 6 cylinders. The other two are deactivated.

Don’t complain, because the engine is still better with 6 cylinders then the usual 4 cylinder. Right?

1 Like

Oh look, it’s one of those. :joy:

They find a positive thread, and they immediately start typing to pollute it with the full list of their whines.

Come back when you’re able to stay in topic, all right?

1 Like

The topic is graphical quality. Literally every sentence, except the first one, discusses graphical quality.

We have never said that, I cannot understand why people complain about graphics, but I can fully understand why people complain about bugs affecting other features.

Weather, avionics, engine parameters, navigation systems…

You have a very elastic idea of “graphical quality.”

You’d love me to shut up, so complainers like you could pollute another positive thread undisturbed, as you do with them all. Well, tough luck.

If you really think insults intimidate me or anyone else, that’s funnier than I expected.

Good & bad on water

• Good: water waves are present even when wind speed is 0.
  • Bad: light sources other than from moon/sun do not cast reflection on water anymore. Need fix.

Due to the sudden increase in counter-productive posting in this thread it has been temporarily closed to allow people to calm down and reflect if their posts are adding value here. Many posts are not doing that!

This topic was automatically opened after 103 minutes.

Even that Japan image that they put after the patch is FAKE. Look that picture and compare it with in game pictures. Do you think are they the same? FAKE! That is what I am complaining about. God this topic tests my nerves

Been flying and using sims for almost 40 years, including some pretty high-end sims. These graphics blow anything else out of the water, even after Patch 3. And all running on a basic desktop PC! I’m amazed every time I use it. And to think it is only going to get better! I only hope that MS/Asobo iron out the bugs so that everyone can enjoy it.

I’ve also been around long enough to not believe marketing hype. Believing everything you see only sets you up for expectation hangover.

And if a computer program is giving you personal stress issues, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your priorities in life. I know I need to do that sometimes!

2 Likes

Are you done editing?

You buy a product and this product gets monthly updates. You expect it to get better. Instead, it gets worse. That is what we are complaining. If I had known that I would not be able to fly A320 without Fly By Wire, I would not have purchased this product. At least for now.

Clearly this is an unfinished product and they released it earlier than it supposed to be. Even the default visuals are great, better than any other sim in the market for sure. But that is not why we are complaining. We are complaining because visually it gets worse.

1 Like

I have nothing against complaining as long as it’s constructive. Post saying this or that is completely broken is too vague when so many of us don’t share the same experience. If you don’t follow up with details then it’s worth nothing.

I agree. Let me be more precise. If I compare the released version and the recent one with patch, I am complaining because I can see the downgrades below:

-LOD problems
-Water reflections
-Night lights
-AA problems (especially after the recent patch)
-Blurry textures in high altitudes

To respect the subject of this topic, I am only mentioning the visual issues.

3 Likes

Agreed, it was probably released prematurely. And Asobo is most likely going through an iterative process to balance performance and graphics quality while fixing problems.

I haven’t really noticed a degradation in graphics that affects my enjoyment of flying. And if I did, I’d just go off and do something else until it was fixed.

1 Like

Few things are as silly as the use of the term “downgrade” describing a game’s graphics. Visual optimization is a balancing act. Finite resources are shifted from one piece to the other, which could be other visual elements or simply improving performance.

PS: No. He’s not blind, he simply can appreciate great graphics, which this game has, instead of nitpicking on small details for the sake of whining.

If this is so problematic for you, I’d advise never to use flight simulators close to launch. They’re pretty literally the most complex commercial software you’ll find, which means launch issues are the norm, not the exception. And this is the most complex of them all out of the box.

And if you think this is not true, this must be your first commercial flight simulator, because ALL went through it, even worse, and with much slower solutions.

Flight simulators are never really “finished” until several years into their lifetime. I’d rather have the product and be able to fly than wait for years and keep looking at trailers.

3 Likes

I posted my before/after comparisons here:

4 Likes

Okay guys you keep defending it. I also know that it is complex, but after each patch, I see new bugs. For example, with the recent patch, houses in urban areas became apartments or buildings. I wonder what kind of test team do they have for these patch. Like I wonder how do they not notice these things which I can immediately see after launching a flight. This is silly, this makes me feel like an idiot.

You are right, I should not have bought it right after the launch. Or I could try it on gamepass in order to save my money. At the moment I feel like I paid 100$ to a product which do not deserve its service. Let’s skip visuals, what about flight dynamics? Live weather issues? ATC issues? IFR issues? Autopilot issues? You keep defending it, I can’t play the sim like this. I do not enjoy like this. And I wish I could.

2 Likes