How come there’s still so many bugs?!

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
I’m on #pc using the Microsoft Store version.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Nope.

Where to start? Hm, I’m somewhat happy about the fact that I was able to eliminate frequent CTDs by completely resetting my system after almost 3 years of usage. There must have been some disturbances on the software side that I was able get rid of, thank god. Now it runs really well actually and doesn’t quit on me right after take-off.

However, it still boggles my mind that 18 months after release there are still so many annoying bugs to be found that just don’t seem to get addressed at all! I’m gonna skip the start-up sequence that still looks quirky and unprofessional af and go straight to preparing a flight: the world map. It’s actually got a lot better compared to what we had to use in the early days, BUT: how is it I cannot drag and move on said map??? Only thing I can do is zoom in and hope I had my cursor in the right place. ■■■■■ Christ, that’s just pathetic. I don’t even know how long it’s been that way or if that’s just another bug that got introduced recently as I had only used the sim every 3 months since 2020 and just got back into it.

Second thing that just must not be is the fact that my applied weather settings often reset to standard when I start a flight. Live weather is turned off. C’mon, these are things that just have to work and I don’t even understand how this feature could be bug-laden in the first place. Also when I experiment with altering the weather mid-flight I sometimes get resetting cloud layers just by clicking on them. There are times when I have great Cumulus clouds that just need some fine tuning. I click on the layer to edit it aaaand they’re gone. Back to standard. What the heck is wrong this this, it’s an honest question I have.

This is so very annoying and we haven’t even started a flight yet. I don’t understand how this can be tolerated and not addressed, especially after all this time.

Once a flight has started, it works relatively fine, gotta give 'em that. However, two days ago, when I finally decided to turn on Multiplayer and the traffic nameplates I couldn’t believe my eyes that the latter were still looking as bad and useless as they used to in the very beginning. Huge plates hovering in the sky with no clue as to where or how far away player xy would be etc. Turned it back off immediately. This is just useless and a pain to use. Also some random guy showed up after I had landed at a small airfield and it said “F18”. What was shown though was an A330 going vertical right after take-off. Felt like 2006 when FSX released and everybody was so hyped for that online thing after that wonderful trailer and yeah, it’s the same kind of let-down now, some 15 years later.

Needless to say that the VFR map is still ugly, pixelated and pretty much useless. Don’t know why it’s so hard to provide something similar to what XP11 had.

As much as I love and appreciate the visuals, the mere fact that there’s still so much that feels way off is a shame and I wish it wouldn’t annoy me as much, but I was so looking forward to this sim and seeing it in such a state 18 months after release just hurts.

Anyone else being annoyed by this? Are there any official updates? Any solutions? Any tweaks or mods that would help here?

Thanks.

2 Likes
  • Report only 1 issue per thread – be specific.

Topic moved into #community:general-discussion-feedback
The Bugs & Issues is for reporting only one bugs/issue. Use existing topics in #bugs-and-issues for each bug or issue.

I clean reinstall my PC every 4-6 months to keep my computer clean and performs in tip top shape.

I get this sometimes but all I do is to reset the world map, go back to the main menu, then go back in and do it again.

Because it is what it is. There’s no point in getting upset over things that we have no control of. What we can only do is report it and let them do their thing with the information we provide. Their decision about it is completely out of our hands, we have no say in it. So we might as well take and work with what we have.

You can turn off just the name plates through your Traffic Settings, while still keeping your Mutliplayer or AI/Live traffic on…

Well that happens if you set Multiplayer to use Generic Models. And even if you disable it, you need to have the same aircraft that the multiplayer has in order for them to spawn with the correct aircraft. If for some reason you or that multiplayer has a modded aircraft, the sim might treat it as a separate aircraft that you don’t have so it spawns as a generic model anyway.

A lot of the issues you mentioned above have workarounds and mods to address them. You just need to explore the deep configuration that MSFS has and explore the mods that are available out there.

Because they don’t spend all of their time focusing on the core sim. That is not a sustainable business model.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.