How did it make you feel?

So, I am starting this as a means for people to share, both good and bad, without the need to vent in a new post and without judgment.

This is inspired by the What did you do in MFS today? post, but, instead, post about what made you happy and upset in the sim today.

I’ll start:

What - Flew the 748 from Narita to Seoul

Happy - Gorgeous scenery on the way, the aircraft flew without a hitch and even the autopilot cooperated. Fairly good performance for most of the flight. Seeing other simmers land and takeoff at these busy airports

Sad - Seoul Airport RKSI is very poorly modeled with missing runways and terminal etc., turning the 748 during taxi was a nightmare and the sim stuttered on the descent as I was approaching Seoul. Seeing wrong liveries at these airports and the livery on my 748 didn’t work either.

Feel free to share and who knows, maybe the devs might see what they are doing well and what is frustrating the day to day simmer.

Hate that I need to add this note, but, this is meant less as a discussion and more as a general post. If you dislike what someone has posted, please do not engage.

1 Like

You’ll be happy to hear that I think South Korea is on the list for future improvement. Also keep an eye out for the payware. I’m pretty sure I have seen Seoul as a payware airport. This is the great thing about fs, you can customise your experience using third party add ons. Or you can learn to make the add ons yourself with sdk provided in developer mode. Good luck and I hope your experience improves.

Took off in the Pitts from a strip in north Bruny Island here in Tasmania, which I didn’t know was there until today. Proceeded to fly towards Cygnet in VFR and got lost in my own backyard. A glance at the compass confirmed the weird view was because I was 180 degrees off and heading out to sea.

Emotion was a cross between mild irritation and a weird gleeful schadenfreude at myself.

1 Like

AI can only do so much to model the airports, they only have generic building models to use, and satellite imagery also doesn’t give them enough data to accurately model the airport.

Here’s a freeware RKSI if you want to improve on the default AI-generated Incheon Airport.

Last night, started to fly my usual cleveland to erie warm up run, got to the invisible seam around lost nation lake changed trim changed, retrimmed continued on, got to next invis-seam around ashtabula, re-trimmed lake changed back to what it was when I left cleve, and then all of a sudden it started to get laggy I said screw it shutdown the game and went back to my music.

sad - the laggy is starting to get old
happy - finally nailed the riff Ive been working on for a couple of days!

1 Like

Flew the 787 from Auckland to New Zealand

Happy - Sim seemed to perform better (unsure), and the weather and water looked stunning on both departure and arrival. The 787 flew well.

Sad - Had to spend an hour troubleshooting some Nav Data issues prior to starting the flight. The 787 Taxi issue was present, and hitting TAB to open the ATC window makes the sim uncontrollable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.