How long did your SU5 flight survive today?

Spawned on the runway. Took off and climbed 200ft and BSOD.

About 2 mins total.

Just enough time to see the trees popping up in the middle distance like a mad thing as I looked around.

The first four never got off the ground as the program crashed each time at various stages; the next one lasted about as long as yours; the next one lasted about ten minutes before I intentionally drove the thing in the ground, as the performance of the sim was just that bad. Did you know you can get a longitude up to quite a high speed if you point it at the ground at the correct angle with full throttles!?!

I am able to fly for hours. No problem. Steady 50+. Standard C172. That’s completely vanilla.
I7 9700k, 3080.

4 Likes

I managed a short hop flight of around 30mins point-to-point without a CTD. Do I get a cookie?

After SU5 I cannot even fly. When loading flight sim freezes emptied my community folder but still the same, not happy!!

1 Like

Been flying entire day without CTD.

2 Likes

Been getting CTD a lot, no errors or anything, it just closes compleatly out of nowhere, which is funny because since the Alpha I had never had any CTD issues

2 Likes

I usually get a CTD in about 1-5 minutes after starting the flight. I did get one good flight that lasted about 40 minutes before crashing, but that was only once. No mods, no overclock.

Still never gotten an CTD in flight (or in an aircraft, whichever you prefer), before update or after. All my CTD’s (which is a total of two I can remember) were in menus.

Sorry OP, I know this isn’t the answer you wanted.

2 Likes

Just did ~1.5 hour hop in the 320. I’ve only had one CTD in 180 hours of flying so far. ~6 year old PC.

Wish I could help.

No crashes yet and performance is great but at the expense of downgraded visuals (playing maxed out too aside from resolution scale at 100).

First 3 attempts today with152 ended in CTDs after that full flights.

Everyone please delete your rolling cache after you upgrade.

did three flights with fbw today. each about 70min long - worked without any problems for me.

Well, my first trip lasted about 45 minutes. I tried to open the VFR map, and it was an instant CTD. Started the flight up again, and flew for nearly three hours, opening and closing the VFR map without an issue.

I was an alpha tester for this sim and since then have put in many hours. Today however, was my FIRST “lock up”. It wasn’t a CTD but everything froze causing me to kill the executable.

Mine just got worse and worse. After the initial 2 min flights curtailed by lockups, CTDs and BSODs, eventually I couldn’t even load a flight. Sim would start, I configure a flight, but loading the flight would never finish.

And this was with empty community folder and no cache.

So I finally got fed up with it, and I’m currently in the middle of my first ever complete reinstall since Alpha days.

Obviously I still don’t know whether this will help in the slightest as it takes a while to complete the install. I’ll report back when I get the results.

I got 3 flights today… WMKL-WSSS, WSSS-WBKK, WBKK-WMKL… so total 7 hours… no ctd, all using new dev a320nx fbw with few bugs… weather so broken though… preset weather only… unreal weather not working too…

Hmmm. Typically BSOD’s are the result of incompatible drivers or unstable overclocks from what I’ve seen on this forum. Therefore CTD’s are the result instead of the Flight Simulator software. Unless I missed it in this thread, are you overclocking anything?

1 Like

So, 8 hours for a complete uninstall reinstall - Main sim and world updates…

Empty community folder. Fired it up. Before I even got to throttle up on the runway, it CTD’d.

Repeatable.

I’m fed up replying to people who keep trying to tell me my hardware/OS/drivers are faulty. THEY AREN’T.

This machine runs other very complex timing critical software with no problems, 100% reliable.

It also runs benchmarks, stress tests etc etc for multiple hours 100% reliably.

And it has done this for over 3.5 years on a daily basis.

If a piece of software works well, then the vendor updates it, and it starts CTDing immeditately after starting that software, that the fault is likely to lie with that software, and not the unchanged hardware/OS/drivers.

I’m outa here until a meaningful patch/update/hotfix arrives. I’ve given this multiple hours of testing over the last two days and nights. Can’t waste any more time on products which are not tested properly time and time again.

2 Likes