How long do we have to wait for a replay mode?

Btw, the real question is “why did they launch the game without a replay mode?” but don’t want to be rude nor argue with people, I just feel like without that is incomplete… I would like to make cinematics, see my landings from a different point of view. It’s been in prototype for months, I don’t even know if you are still working on it… may we get an update on how much can it take?
Thank you.

21 Likes

The prototype is their version that they use for development and testing. They said they can use that and “improve” it to make an instant replay feature in the sim but clearly they haven’t done that yet and that’s why it still shows as Prototype.

I would like this feature too.

1 Like

Yes, for take offs and landings is a really very must.

4 Likes

TBH if the replay mode only allows to replay the last X minutes, it should quite easy to develop, but if you want to restart at time t in the exact same conditions, it’s pretty complicated because that means the game has to save the meteorological conditions and winds at any time.
What could be done, though, is just save the position and speed of the plane at any time, but not the meteo or winds. So you aren’t in the same exact conditions as in the past, but at least you can retry.

2 Likes

There is much more important things to work on the game right now than adding this kind of new features.

8 Likes

is there any flight analysis tool available in FS2020 ? i mean similar to the FSX map i get when terminating the flight ( or in the middle of a flight). i find this very useful.
thanks!

1 Like

You can try Tacview https://www.tacview.net/product/en/ and Little Nav Map https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

They can very easily have a Landing Analyzer for analyzing landings.

It is already displayed along with, roll, landing FPM etc after every challenge; just a matter of adding a menu item. Ok, I ma oversimplifying it - but one gets the idea :slightly_smiling_face:

I think the problem is they don’t realise how crucial this piece of the software is to us long time simmers who are used to this feature from all the previous sims, or at least that’s the impression I get anyway. To launch without a replay feature seemed bonkers to me and every time it’s mentioned it doesn’t seem high on the agenda. It adds so much more to the sim and is something that is very much missed.

4 Likes

this is the most wanted feature probably next to DX12.
Also would be amazing for us that want to create content for MSFS.

2 Likes

Hi !

I announced already here my new FlightControlReplay compatibility with MSFS . I m in beta until now and soon (i hope in max one month i ll go out !)
If you want see features please:

Stay tuned!

F

3 Likes
  • 1… really missing this feature as a hardcore simmer.

yes, because the replay is more important than working AP, flight dynamics and the game actually running.

1 Like

No, it’s not, but i doubt same team would work on that and replay mode. They showed many times already that they have no clue about flight dynamics or more complex aircraft systems, you’re not gonna get that from them, you’ll have to wait for payware airplanes, that’s been the case with every sim ever released.

1 Like

Well, I guess the next thing to do is waiting for an external mod or official update. But yeah if u come from a sim with that feature (almost every) it’s like if you have a car without the engine. If I cannot keep my flights to review them later or check what I can improve it will be difficult. And also, I love marking cinematics so another plus right there.

1 Like

In the meantime, GeForce experience has a replay mode where you can start and stop instant replay and save out the file. So there are ways to get there.

1 Like

Yes GeForce has a replay mode but it does not allow you to explore diffenrets views while on replay mode.

2 Likes

Doesn’t really matter, when they release it it won’t work anyway.

1 Like

OMG, 1 month later and not even an update on this. It’s starting to get tiring… A lot of people included me stopped playing because of this feature missing.

2 Likes

There’s been an update on this for weeks now. You just haven’t been looking in the right place. It’s been the second item on the wish list now for a while.