How many CTDs do you have per number of Flights? Lets compare?

One patch last year gave me repeatable CTDs with the VFR map but apart from that I’ve never had any CTDs (touch wood), but my flights are usually under 2 hrs.

I had them fairly regularly. Once an hour after resets or so. I disabled AI traffic and they have gone away. Just FYI

2 Likes

Then how come you are special? You claim you’re getting constant CTDs, but per most of the people on this thread, who have none except as caused by known things like the VFR map (fixed) or the Carenado things (fixed), that makes you somehow different.

There is something about your computer, your setup, your OC settings, your add-ons, or something that is causing you problems most others don’t have. Find out what that is, and you’ve fixed your problem.

But, yeah, if you’re on this board constantly crying about your problem, without even so much as submitting a zen ticket (which are the ones who actually fix bugs), then that makes you a crybaby. Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts.

1 Like

@Raggs01, AI traffic is (or was, my understanding is that they’ve improved it, but I can’t say by how much as I haven’t tried it myself) an extreme resource hog. And is not all that dissimilar of trying to run the sim on settings that your computer just can’t handle very well. I could easily see how it could cause “unexplained” CTDs.

1 Like

Haven’t had one since the early beta. been very stable.

I have spent WAY too much time working with users having the dreaded CTD. It is surprising how many are solved with the AI switch. One of the first things we try, even after the last update where they “improved it”.

People just do not realize what a system beater this sim is. “Runs DCS perfect”, “P3d maxed and running 75fps”, and on and on. “This game is broken” is nearly always followed by, “That did it, 4 days now and no CTDs”, IF they are willing to accept that even a NASA computer is going to choke on this beast. {excessive hyperbole}

One day we will have the necessary alien tech required to run this on 4K wide open, but by then we will have 8K video that brings us back to, what? You guessed it! CTD

3 Likes

similar for me, since the last update I had now 3 ctds in 10 flight, before the update none

Only had about 2 or 3 CTD’s including beta testing time. Never added any addons, None.

1 Like

weird thing is, that the issue didn’t start with the release of the new patch. Flew quite a few flights without issues after the patch released. Then from one day to the next; I’ve started getting issues.

Think I’m going to look at resetting / removing a lot from my system, just to see if I can get things sorted. Might even go for a re-install.

Don’t think it’s specifically patch related, but something with the VCruntime DLL’s gets messed up for some reason at a certain point, and you start getting issues.

That’s why I just won’t run AI Traffic. Given what it takes to generate and fly those airplanes (yes, your computer controls all that), it’s just too much. I run with realtime online traffic only. If they actually fix it (and not just improve it), or our HW advances to the point that it’s NBD, perhaps I’ll have to reassess that rule.

However, I am one of those who questions the need for 4K, and I think 8K is just stupid and unnecessary. The human eye is only capable of seeing so much detail.

1 Like

None except for mod-related crashes.

Reckon I might had one CTD right after release due to the USB issue, but none after that in about 120 flights (of various lengths).

Just got airports, Little NavMaps and one weather mod, while I have quite a few airports, I’m rather picky which ones I get.

No over-clocking either.

I get a few CTDs per week. The sim runs a lot so it’s one per 20 hours run time I estimate. It depends on the area though. Ironically areas with poor data coverage (less detail) are more prone to crashing.

Since the last patch I do keep getting nasty stutters while on the ground right after touch down. As soon as the wheels leave the ground again everything is fine. Doesn’t matter whether it’s tarmac, grass or snow. ATC also causes stutters when it gets stuck in a loop. (Typing this finally got me to disable ATC voices, no more loops)

a couple a week I think mostly when I’m fiddling with the GPS

Until yesterday, I was getting a CTD within 1 to two minutes of starting a flight. I have changed my Page File to 1.5x my RAM, and when I tested it last night, I could fly for 15 minutes without a CTD. I ran out of time to test any longer, but this might help some people. I had all live features turned off too, except photogrammetry. I also had all AI features dialed down to zero, so no cars or other planes etc. Basically, I stripped all dynamic content to the bone.

Had a long spell of no CTDs and then two in a row.
Common factor in both: flying the Diamond 62.
Once I was foolish enough to hit the FPL button in the PFD.

Once I was minding my own business, cruising at FL200 over the English Channel and out of the blue CTD. I should have known that something was unstable, though. The MFD went dark while I was taking off. I escaped out to look at failure settings and realized it was a bug, not a simulated failure. I saved and then loaded the flight and that did restore the MFD, but then later… CTD

already submitted a ticket
and yes of course i should pay for software that i have to sit and reinstall a few times and mess around to try and get working…xplane 11 worked straight away no messing and in VR
so lets see…rollback drivers,disable xmp (slow system down) turn of this…turn off that…delete rolling cache…reinstall xbox app…increase VM amongst a ton more suggestions…still random CDT as early as asobo logo wen loading
u say crybaby…i say dam frustrated

When it first released I had a couple of CTDs which were MY FAULT (pc setup) but since then I’ve had none.

People who are getting loads of CTDs simply MUST have something at their end which is causing theme since there are so many of us in this thread who don’t get them.

I have the CTDs since the last update. I fly VR. I have had a look on my end and it turned out my GPU went very hot in this sim, causing a driver timeout and a freeze. I changed the cooler-paste and it help to get 10 degrees less heat. It worked at first for a view short flights, but now the crashes are back. Totally random but frequent. Having a look at the events, its mostly some dll-errors (ntdll.dll as an example). Im on a AMD card (RX 5750XT) and I think that the drivers and msfs dont like each other much. So there is not much I can do for now. I must point out, that I own all sims capable of VR and all work flawlessly so far. So its not the system alone. Hope stability gets better over time, because its absolutely fantastic experience when it works.

The last time I had CTD was in a 747 at Hanaeda Airport. I found out it was due to my virtual memory being set too small (8GB). I don’t get CTD any more after increasing it to 16GB. My PC has 32GB of RAM and my virtual memory is set on fast PCIE SSD.

1 Like