How Many of You Are Flying Base/Deluxe/Premium Aircraft Regularly?

I still like to take the Savage Ultra out once in a while.

Like you, I flew it a lot in the early days and have fond memories of being blown backwards down the runway at EGUO Colerne before things were “tuned up” by the early sim updates.

And this thread reminds me to get Virus out some time - I can clearly recall an early flight in it across southern Spain…

Can you be nostalgic for something that happened less than four years ago?!

1 Like

It sure seems you can!

1 Like

Having problems with a couple of 3rd party aircraft , so I’ve gone back to the CJ4 & Longitude, 787 is next on the list to try again.

We don’t have enough small default airliners to make me want to fly default aircraft because I’m into regional aviation and into short airliner routes they don’t really have enough airliners for me to fly, if they did a 757, 717 and dash 8 that would be enough default airliners to make me stick with them over payware airliners

If we include the 40th anniversary aircraft then definitely:

• Beaver
  • Spirit of St. Louis (I mean, its just wonderfully made, don’t skip out on it)
  • The Goose
  • Hercules

The beaver looks great and sounds good, it is really really good.
I believe BlueMesh did the Spirit of St. Louis and the Hercules and it shows, those are wonderful recreations of legends.
The Grumman Goose by iniBuilds sounds pretty good (to my ears) and flies reasonable, if only the water physics were better!

3 Likes

I flew The Goose on one of the Friday Fly-ins primarily because I didn’t want to look like a generic twin-engine aircraft if I flew the Big Radials version. Model matching really needs improvement.

I enjoyed flying it. It behaves quite well and wasn’t exhausting over the couple of hours being hand flown.

Bluemesh is really special. I really enjoy flying the Hercules. It, like the Sprit of St. Louis, are unobtainium and having access to the impossible is one of my absolute favorite parts of this flight simulator.

The Latécoère 631 is simply amazing work.

4 Likes

Yes, I didn’t include it in my list obviously, but everytime I fly it I get amazed. Best value for money I have ever gotten in a flight simulator (apart from the sim itself). It also seems to me that every product they make gets better, so I cannot wait to see what they will bring next!

2 Likes