[HOW TO] Configuring Your Controllers Guide (Completed)

It’s so you can have 2 separate keys or buttons for the same command. Some folks find this convenient.

Welcome aboard and to flightsims in general! Sorry you’re having trouble.

I’ve never used that type of stick so can’t help from personal experience. I just tried searching for it and apparently it’s very old (10+ years) and no longer supported by Logitech (nothing on the support page, not even the specs). So it could be that’s your main problem–it’s so old the game doesn’t really know how to handle it. Maybe consider getting modern?

That said, from what I can gather it appears this is an FFB joystick, which is a whole additional can of worms in itself (regardless of make/model/vintage). I don’t have an FFB stick but I’ve got an FFB wheel for racing sims and while it’s ultimately worth all the trouble, it’s a nightmare to get set up right (which is very subjective anyway) , on top of whatever problems you have just getting the basic control functionality going.

But anyway, FFB definitely affects sensitivity because motors inside the controller move the handle and thus send inputs to the game different from what you intended. Not having an FFB stick, I’ve never been through the FFB set-up process in MSFS but I do note that there seems to be only 1 slider for it (somewhere on the menus, can’t find it now) that defaults to 100% force. This might be part of your problem.

Otherwise, you might check some other things:

• Make sure your stick is firmly mounted on your desk. This makes a LOT of difference
  • Find the newest software/driver you can for the stick, then calibrate it in Windows. It could be that your over-control is merely a calibration issue. See this guide for details:[HOW-TO] Calibrate your Joystick / Yoke
  • Really have a go with your sensitivity settings. Make sure your deadzones are no more than 1% for the flight control axes and consider going somewhat negative on the sensitivity if you can’t fix the problem by other means first.