[HOW TO] Configuring Your Controllers Guide (Completed)

Well, I don’t have such a collection of controllers so I’ve never faced this situation myself. However, it seems like it would be pretty simple. The game will recognize the yoke and stick as separate controllers so each will have its own profiles, their defaults plus any you’ve made yourself. So using one should not conflict with having the other. I would try giving each controller its own “axes only” profile and then make profiles for their buttons outside the game with their own software. These external profiles would both use the same in-game keyboard profile for key bindings. This should work whether both controllers are plugged in at the same time or you switch them out.

Here, you could make 2 in-game profiles for the throttle, calling one “prop” and the other “jet”. Each of these would have different bindings for the various parts of the controller. So, when you want to fly a prop, go to the control menu, select the throttle, and scroll until it shows the prop profile. Fly. When you want to switch to jets, go back to the control menu, select the throttle, and scroll to the jet profile.

When control surfaces jump around like this, it’s usually because you’ve got both an axis and keys/buttons assigned for it. This seems to confuse the game sometimes. So like if its elevators, check to make sure only the axis is assigned, and you don’t have key presses or buttons to increase/decrease the control deflection.

Basically, you really can’t have a keyboard profile that caters to both joystick and keyboard flying. Make separate keyboard profiles for these. That way, when you want to fly with just the keyboard, select the keyboard profile for that. The default keyboard profile naturally has keys assigned so you can fly without a joystick, and because so many keys are defined in it, it’s a lot easier to start from a blank keyboard profile to build your own.

Welcome aboard! Sorry you’re having problems.

I’m using Saitek so don’t have personal experience with CH stuff in this game, but I have heard that other CH-users have had problems. You might want to search for CH controller issues. Maybe another CH-user can help you more than me.

But first off, when you say they “don’t work”, in what way are they not working? When you open the control menu, do your controllers appear in the top row by name, with appropriate picture on the right side when selected? If not, it’s probable your system itself hasn’t recognized/calibrated them yet. In that case, follow this guide about calibrating your stuff.

If they are shown in the game but for some reason you simply cannot use the control interface (as I described above) on them, then I don’t know what to tell you. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

3 Likes