How to get weight & balance in toolbar

How can I get a Weight & Balance item on the toolbar (King Air 350i)? It has fuel which gives me just weight. Need balance as well for cargo missions. Many thanks!!strong text

Not sure what you’re looking for. But if you open the window with the fuel you should have the pax and cargo weights as well.
The balance part is hidden, you need to pull the window wider horizontally and you’ll get the same center of gravity visualization that you get preflight in the W&B menu.

2 Likes

For the King Air 350 you might want to edit the flight_model file to this

this would better represent the KA350

max_number_of_stations = 11 ; Number of payload stations
station_load.0 = 185, 6.2, -1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PILOT, 1
station_load.1 = 0, 6.2, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.COPILOT, 2
station_load.2 = 0, 0, -1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.3 = 0, 0, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.4 = 0, -5.3, -1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.5 = 0, -5.3, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.6 = 0, -10.6, -1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.7 = 0, -10.6, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.8 = 0, -15.9, -1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.9 = 0, -15.9, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER, 3
station_load.10 = 100, -20.0, 1.5, 1.6, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.BAGGAGE, 6

Oh, thank you so much! Though, I feel pretty dumb, as it never occurred to me to try that obvious move.

:grin:

Well the UI doesn’t provide any hint of doing that, so the designers are to blame - not the users.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

1 Like

I’d give JD’s mod a try (not sure if it’s compatible with SU5 though):

If your changes are not part of the mod you might want to suggest JD to include it. I didn’t check.

If you just look towards the back and count the seats.
Then if you look at the 2nd parameter it give you an idea for the spacing of the seats.

Worth noting.

Since SU5 it seems that weight/fuel load reset every time you revisit that menu item.
(A pain in the bottom if you are jumping around in the flight planner)

Also, Centre of Gravity dies not carry across to actual flight.
You may encounter situations where you load and balance the aircraft in planning only for it to nose over or crash backwards on flight load.

I am not sure this is an SU5 issue. This may have been like this unfixed for months and months.

Yep, same issue here, I set my weight, balance, and fuel, hit fly, and bam, everything’s been reset. Only noticed this after SU5, incredibly frustrating.

I don’t think this thread is the same as your issue.

You better have a look via search function if there is one matching yours or create a new thread (in the bugs&issues category) if there is none yet.