[HOW-TO] Getting started with the SDK / Dev Mode

lol

Well… sure

I’m so excited about the SDK hope I can use Solidworks to make 3D models for the sim. hahah (doubt it)

1 Like

Really want to get into dev work with flightsims, but I just dont know where to start. I get lost in the sdk when trying to read it as well, a little help to get me rolling anyone?

SDK is not under NDA. This is release software, NDA is no longer in effect. That’s how I understand it anyway…

after I install it, I can’t find the folder where it’s located…

By default its on “C:\MSFS SDK”

1 Like

UMM, time to play with it!

Yeah I’m completely lost. All I’ve used in the past is WED on X-plane. I just want to knock down some trees and create new ones at a few airports.

Any way you can get read up on this stuff on mobile?

1 Like

I think you can print it as a PDF.

I would learn to program and model and how 3D models work and textures before you get into MSFS because it’s complex.

You just add a polygon over the area and select exclude vegetation.

I’ve been touching up on c++ and blender, Im just not sure on how to get rolling. are there any beginner freindly projects?

I’m watching this thread as well, one of the airports in my home town is missing all of the taxiway lights; would love to be able to figure out how to add them in.

Yeah I guess I just don’t understand how to add it to the game now. I compiled/built it but now where do the files go? Lol

Will there be open collaboration similar to Wikipedia? Someone edits an airport and all users get the change? Obviously moderators and reviews would be needed.

1 Like

A scenery gateway similar to Xplane would be really useful.

6 Likes

So in your project folder there will be a folder call packages. Within that there should be a folder, just take the folder and put it in the “community” folder within your MSFS install.

Haha you rock. For some dumb reason I was trying all sorts of folders but not that sub folder. Worked like a charm

1 Like

Can you show what you’ve done and how it looks in the sim, please.?

it is still under NDA from discussing or otherwise portraying versions from the testing phases.