How to turn off Registration #'s? Where is the topic that describes how to do this?

I have searched and searched and searched and I cannot find the thread that describes how to turn off the registration #'s correctly. It doesn’t seem like any of the old panel.cfg methods work any more. I think it has to do with adding an html file that overrides the default html file that describes the little box and stuff, but I cannot find the thread for the life of me.

I’ve got an SR22 livery I want to turn off the default Reg number, and nothing is working for me from all the how to’s and what I know… And I know there is a thread out there with an “official” method. I wish I was better at programming.

@Hester40MT, was the discussion on setting up the html_ui directory in a livery package to remove the registration on a livery removed?

I found a thread discussing adding the html_ui to a livery which reminded me of the steps in the “official” method to “turn off” the registration decal, but this was not the thread I’m looking for. I searched for html_ui, but didn’t find the thread I’m looking for.

I was hoping this method would work with the SR22, but it is not. Perhaps it has to do with the bug where the Registration decal on the SR22 didn’t work for a long time, so it’s now been turned on permanently?

Edit: And now I’ve just found out that Carenado has now co-opted the html_ui registration code and is now affecting everyone trying to edit panel.cfg files to change registration options. Maybe this is the issue I’m running into?

Seems to me an emergency update of Carenado (and other?) products is required. Certainly this is something that could be caught by the Marketplace review process before release, i.e. that any files found to overwrite official files like this could be caught and then reviewed if those changes will cause unintended consequences, and make sure those files are put in unique VFS paths?

Where’s that thread at?

A lot of the SDK section got pulled and some archived when the dev support website became public.

It’s hinted at here.

But there used to be a long discussion on how to turn off Registration #'s that had more detail than is in this thread, but I can’t find it. I’m still searching for it and wondered if it got lost in all the forum reorganizations.

I discovered the Carenado issue over at devsupport. I’m glad I did, or might have made the same mistake Carenado is making, but, I imagine the thread I’m searching for addressed the issue.

Here’s a search in the archives (read only) for the word “registration”:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?context=category&context_id=164&q=Registration%20&skip_context=false

Yeah, I searched for that, “Registration Livery”, “html_ui”, “html_ui Livery” and a couple of others and haven’t found the thread I’m looking for. I’m continuing to look. For some reason, when I initially searched for html_ui, it only came up with two threads. I’m getting more now.

Search can be finicky. Try enclosing in quotes, like: “html_ui”

I may be able to figure out what I need from the OP here, but, I know there used to be a whole thread on properly turning off registrations and I can’t find it. I’m thinking it got lost in the forum reorgs.