How to Uninstall and Reinstall

I tried many things for several days to fix a FPS problem without sucess. I’ve decided to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft flight simulator 2020. But how and where do I do that? I don’t see anywhere to delete and then to reinstall. Appreciate anybody that can help. Thanks.

If it’s the Microsoft Store version: How to repair or remove and do a clean install of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Microsoft Store – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

If it’s the Steam version: How to repair, remove and do a clean install of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Steam – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s not a Steam version.

How to uninstall and reinstall.

1. Go to “programs and features”
  2. Select “uninstall”
  3. Wait about 6 months(?) until there is a stable release.
  4. Reinstall.
4 Likes

6 months? Someone says it has to wait for 10 years :rofl::crazy_face:

I’m undergoing my 4th or 5th re-install tonight, 110 Gigs (tried to add Mods), Uninstall and go to your Microsoft Account and it will show you the Games/Programs you “Own” and give you the option to “Download”. I hope to be back playing in 3-4 dats Grrrrr…

with this last update, everyone would probably have been better of uninstalling and reinstalling, with the size of the update, takes about the same amount of time. And uninstalling, you get rid of 50 to 70 gib of leftover junk - yes, you heard right, 50 to 70 gib asobo left on your hard drive collecting dust.

Really? There is that much storage wasted to redundant files?

I could account for maybe 20 from files I’d downloaded, but didn’t really need anymore. Have no idea what the other 50 were.

i NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DELETE THE entire PROGRAM THEN RENSTALL IT.

In before mod:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store

BTW: Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.