How's the CTD situation with your sim now?

My advice to anyone playing with 16GB of RAM please increase your virtual memory limit to 20GB in Windows, it helped me get rid of random CTDs in the middle of a flight.

Not one crash with the last 3 game updates. No mods installed.

I had CTD all day (4 total lemd-lfpg) unable to finish the flight. I rarely have CTD. On the other hand, I used ATC whereas I usually fly without.

I restarted the same flight without ATC I will tell you if I reach my destination.

Name of the failed application FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5fda32ba
Name of faulty module: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x000000000043ca7a
Faulting process ID: 0x4868
Start time of the faulty application: 0x01d6db8f0b1aadbc
Path of the faulty application: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Faulty module path: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: c9838148-4819-4817-8828-c77351b314c7
Full name of the failing package: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application ID for the failed package: App

1 Like

No CTD even with cj4 mod, navigraph and trackir.
Average flights are 2h30.

For Intel users, may want to check this:

This person may be on to this problem. Although I’m not an Intel user, I did a flight that caused a CTD last time without opening the ATC window as much and lasted the whole flight.

I can remember having one or two CTDs shortly after one of the earliest updates. After this one I’m more nervous about CTD than getting everything right on VATSIM. I’ve had two CTDs in as many days, both on final approach in the CJ4 (workingtitle mod). The game freezes for a brief second and then it’s gone.

This is one of the hardest things to debug and it would require removing all mods, something I’m reluctant to since reverting to the vanilla CJ4 is like borrowing a Dacia Duster while your Range Rover is in for service. However, from my experience I’m fairly certain that I’ve been avoiding CTDs by restarting the sim between each flight. I haven’t documented my steps, but I think I didn’t get those CTDs on my first flights.

1 Like

Tried to load and fly the bush tour of Alaska twice I loaded it up and then I got the CTD both times
I cannot decide what to do now , getting really tired of Flight Simulation due to this one being such a disappointment from the start, every update seems to put a new bug in someplace .

Well I landed at LFPG on the other hand CTD during the taxi … no luck …

I will remove all my mods and do a flight again.

Application : FlightSimulator.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d’une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l’exception : code d’exception c0000005, adresse d’exception 00007FF66D89CA7A

Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5fda32ba
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5fda32ba
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000043ca7a
ID du processus défaillant : 0x2804
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d6db9ea9b939a3
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : 8652e354-5daf-42be-8c47-21863bd3f937
Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : App

Still get plenty of CTDs, most seem to be caused by the AMD display driver for the 6800XT. Never had all these crashes with Nvidia.

I used to get the Exception Code 5 near the end of longer flights, usually over two hours. I’ve had none since the first December update. I’m amazed that I haven’t seen them, especially flying VR. What I tend to do is to take off using VR, then switch out of it while cruising, then go back to VR on approach and landing. Last night while landing in VR (in Los Angeles with heavy scenery) my guess was that I was low on memory because the graphics were very choppy and nearly unplayable, but still no CTD.

Have been using the sim since Alpha 4, and have never yet had a CTD. I have rolling cache off, and do not use ATC, AI or MP. I use Live Weather on almost every flight.

Mods: Navigraph Beta 2013 V7, WT G1000 3.4, G3000 3.4 and CJ4 0.8.3

I have just completed a coast-to-coast flight in the CJ4, flown in separate legs of about 2.5 hours each, with no issues.

The main aircraft I use are the G1000 C172, the Rob Young Turbo Bonanza mod, the stock TBM and the WT CJ4 mod.

I removed the mods but finally got CTD one more time before take off.
Same error message, I think it comes from the last update of msfs2020.
Finally I think I will change the game until the next update.

Good luck to all.

Most everything was good for me until the most recent update but now haven’t been able to compete a single flight. CTD every time. I have no addons at all. Right now on starting I got an error message saying I didn’t have the latest version and that I needed to update, I clicked Yes, and now I’m getting nothing but the “Press Any Key to Start” screen just cycling. It’s almost like the sim has reverted to the original version for some reason. I work in the software industry and if we supported a product as badly as Asobo do with these buggy updates then we’d rightly deserve a huge amount of criticism…

1 Like

No CTD since update.

With the last update I had an important improvement. Before, I tried several times to complete the East-Coast USA Tour, but got CDTs after passing New York or, in one case, just before landing in Washington. Today i tried again, with the flight plan relinked here in the forum, and I was able to complete all the passages without a single problem.

Nonexistent since a long time ago, flew 150NM flights as well, don’t remember the last time I’ve had one, lucky me :slight_smile:

If you’re running Nvidia drivers… consider rolling them back…

1 Like

I’ve CTD three times when trying to use the flybywire mod when the sim updated at first with the VR update. Other than those however I’ve had zero.

No CTD on this one.
With A32nx + more than 150 liveries in the community folder.
One of the most stable patch by far for me.

Ryzen 3800x 32Go@3600Mhz / Vega 64

Since update CTD about 45 mins to 1hr in.A slight flicker.A freeze then the crash!!