How's the CTD situation with your sim now?

I’ve never had a ctd, over 200 hours.
No external products or mods, though I have several items from the market place.

After downloading the update, the rolling cache was enabled again. Disabled it and I at least did one full flight now. This was a fix in previous versions too, should really be investigated by the devs… Will report the experience for further flights in the next few days.

I purchased the sim on August 25th. I never experienced a CTD, and I am a frequent simmer.

No CTDs for months now

Absolutely unacceptable is the situation I have. Trying to fly around the world…no overclock…no mods…purchased PC and built this year specifically for MSFS. Everything up to date. Tried numerous suggestions to no avail. If I had something I could change I would give it ONE more flight, but I’ve tried everything I can think of. I’m gobsmacked by the graphics, but without a stable sim it’s lipstick on a pig.

1 Like

Any XMP on? What specs and PSU?

Yes XMP is enabled, as every gamer on the planet does.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX Motherboard
GeIL SUPER LUCE RGB 16 GB 3200 Mhz
Silicon Power A60 512 GB NVME Solid State Drive
MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT Mech OC
Creative Audigy PCIe RX 7.1 Sound Card
EVGA 550 W ATX Power Supply
Cooler Master MasterBox K500 ATX Mid Tower Case
Pulsefire Core RGB Gaming Mouse

No CTD’s so far “knock on wood”

But I did get CTD when I moved to new PC. But sorted it out fairly quickly.

Had to set my Vid Card to “normal” in the BIOS.

Once I did that …no more CTD… Just a suggestion. Try that. Who knows, maybe it will work for you. Maybe not…but hopefully it gets fixed for you soon.

Edit… apologies… seems like you already tried that.

1 Like

Change memory speed to 3000 MHz in the BIOS (with XMP still on), that was an issue on my old system.

Ok I’ll try that. Frankly I seemed to have better luck when I had everything balls to the wall overclocked.
Since I have it capped at 30 fps it doesn’t even utilize my gpu 100%

As someone else reported these last couple crashes seemed to happen close to 100 miles from the arrival airport. I guess it’s trying to load in the airport and says nope. FSX days all over again.

I have Nvidia and I’ve been experiencing CTDs since the update, there’s a post about reverting back to previous version

Try increasing the virtual memory in Windows to 20GB

1 Like

Today was my first time flying around Hong Kong. I had a nice scenic flight but as I got close to Chek Lap Kok (and I was snapping pictures of the pretty spikes that have been popping up in the sim for the last few days) and the ctd happened. It was my first ctd since I started this sim around Halloween. I tried again near where the sim conked out - it was much faster. I went to reading up on anything in HK involving ctds, but there was nothing definitive.
I had installed a 3rd-party Buddha and after the two tries, thought I should remove it as I read that some 3rd-party scenery can cause ctds (and there is apparently a fix for it). The flight went gloriously, but I then had to muck about with time settings to see HK at sunset and full evening. I guess I overtaxed things and had the third ctd. I’ll try again tomorrow without annoying the sim with massive changes.

Interesting. My last 2 ctd’s were Hong Kong to Taiwan, and then Taiwan to Shanghai

1 Like

No CTD at all very happy with the Update. In VR with G2 ReverbI get around stable 30FPS with my I7. 6700k RTX3080TUF very smooth experience. No issues so far except some scenery spikes here and there. Everything on ultra except shadows and Terrain load solider on 75 all other sliders on 100.

i don’t have crashes. at all.

my guess is that most of these CTD are mod related.

best regards,

• > REIM
2 Likes

Before 22 december patch CTD occured very rarelly.
Since then I was able to complete only 10% of my flights.
No mods, no overclock.
It happens while taxing, approaching and even cruising.

2 Likes

Yet another CTD in the air using the Baron for a short flight. I’m afraid the sim in unplayable in the current state. I have completed maybe two out of ten flights without CTD with the new version.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000083e70e
Faulting process id: 0x24a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6dc473edf9da0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: cef1eae6-463d-4065-a744-1192cc865e6b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I rarely had a CTD before the retail release. Immediately upon release, and continuing after each subsequent patch, I get CTDs on > 50% of flights. These can occur anywhere from when I click the “Fly” button after setting up the flight parameters to anywhere in flight whether I am making inputs or not. I can be just watching the sim, it will freeze for a few seconds and then it’s gone. No error message on screen. I can then look into Event Manager, and will find that the faulting module is ucrtbase.dll, which is a VB Library. I’ve installed and reinstalled multiple versions of these, along with trying likely two dozen other suggested fixes, including reinstalling Windows (but not wiping drive and reinstalling Windows).

Very frustrating…

I had the exact same issue, which seem to be caused by the latest Nvidia driver, cfr Getting lots of CTD? Rollback Nvidia Drivers. Rolling back to 457.51 + deleting rolling cache, seem to have worked for me.