HP Reverb G2: Does anyone have a system that does NOT CrashToDesktop?

With my G1 I only ever got CTDs when overclocking my GPU, now got a G2 and although only just started using it I’ve had no CTDs at all so far.

Interesting. Do you find 20/60 better than 22.5/90?
I guess it allows for higher settings all else equal, and perhaps fewer reprojection artifacts?
I’ll give it a go myself but I had been led to understand 60hz was terribly flickery.

I saw the flickers in the “cliff house” part of WMR and hated 60hz, but in the sim I didn’t notice it at all and have run it for a long time now at 60hz with reprojection always on in the openxr developer settings. It allows for slightly higher graphics settings than when I ran 22.5 locked/90hz but to your point there are fewer artifacts with 2 interpolated frames rather than 3. I use the nvidia control panel to lock the FPS at 20 and it’s worked well that way.

1 Like

Good! Now, I don’t feel so bad.

With my HP Reverb, I’m seeing the “FlightSimulator.exe has stopped working correctly” message so often–I’m thinking about making it my windows background! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

same here, guess some Windows updates with SU8/9 + new Adrenalin 22.4.x did the trick, no crashes for me also.

Ryzen 5950x
6900xt
64gb ddr 3600
asrock x570 pro 4
2x .m2 SSDs
1200w BeQuiet PSU

I am having a few CTD recently after SU9. Addtionally I am getting stuttering.

i7-10700k
16GB Kingston DDR-4 PC3200
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC
Samsung 870 Pro M.2

Windows 11, latest patches
NVidia DCH Driver, latest release
OpenXR Motion reprojection off

I tried to adjust the VR resolution and I arrived now from 100% to 60%. Unfortunately now the graphics are no longer crispy sharp.

Still, sometime i get CTD or it ends up with image freezes for 10-15sec or frames drop down to 1-5fps

I am clueless

SU9 is the most stable for me, no crashes. Since SU5 my CTD’s have gotten less and less where now I’m virtually CTD free. The CTD’s are so rare I don’t even think about it any more.

• reverb G2
  • 5800x (undervolted)
  • 6900xt (upped the power limits and overclocked)
  • asus tuf gaming x570 motherboard
  • 32 GB 3200 MHz ram
  • Windows 10
  • OpenXR Toolkit

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.