Hp reverb g2 error after 3090 upgrade

I have an HP Reverb G2 and the USB-C cable is plugged into a motherboard USB-C port and I am using the power adapter. I’ve had no problems with either an RTX2070S or now with an RTX3090. I’ve changed the VR LODfactors for object and terrain detail from 1.0 to 2.0 in usercfg.opt (and from 2.0 to 4.0 in the 2D section of usercfg.opt) and it’s been working great for me. My configuration is listed here: Windows 11 and VR / Win11 VR - #28 by JALxml. I wonder if it’s an AMD vs. Intel thing? My RAM is relatively underpowered, too, compared to what most people are using, only 2600 MHz, nothing overclocked except the built-in speed of the i9-9900K cores. (sorry for any irrelevant comments - I’ve just skimmed the thread and am gratuitously adding my $.02 worth). I’m also running Windows 11.

BTW, I don’t have any liquid cooling. The Sword of Damocles hanging over my head is without doing anything both the i9-9900K cores and the GPU, especially the memory, literally get boiling hot. Cranking up the GPU fan speeds to 1700 to 1900 rpm with MSI Afterburner solves the GPU heat problem and I’ve decided to let the cores burn away as an Intel Support post claims anything less than 100 deg C is “fine.” (!!!).