Huddison YouTube videos vanished

Anyone know where ‘Huddison’s’ tutorial YouTube videos have disappeared to? They were some very very informative YouTube videos on msfs.
They were extremely good for learning all types of Navigation and joystick/yoke setup….+ a lot more.

1 Like

Hello,
I moved your post to General Discussion. Friends, Clubs & Groups is for finding people to fly with.
I don’t know that YouTube channel, but if I got the right channel, it sounds like they were suspended:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIsvt1Kc9U2CbcQyEf-D44g

1 Like

No, not the one.
Here is an example for VOR navigation… - YouTube

Just comes up with 404 not found. Thanks though

1 Like

Oh man… that’s weird. I was subscribed and his whole channel has vanished. It’s not listed in my subscribers list at all now. Wonder what’s happened but looks like YT took him down?!

1 Like

The name of the channel was not “Huddison Retro & Modern Gaming” or something of that nature?

1 Like

I ‘think’ it was just ‘Huddison’ - but there were a lot of youtube videos when you typed in the name, they were all exclusively flight sim related. Looked like the guy lived it. Ive seen a lot of videos on Navigation, these were the best, very patientky and carefully explained, omitting nothing. Brilliant reference videos.

1 Like

It does have a little hint:

1 Like

Yeah, saw that, my impression was (from his language) the guy put them out there for all to see, not a small collection of people as ‘Private’ by comparison would imply.
However, maybe somebody pressed the wrong buttons (his) and he went private.

1 Like

I’m afraid his channel is suspended for whatever reason.
I feel sorry for him because his Video’s were very educational and useful.
I hope it’s a temporary ‘ban’.

2 Likes

Hmm ended is something different than suspended, but I’m not too well informed on the YouTube suspension rules/processes.

1 Like

The ban fits the disappearance, but having watched a lot of his material there is (was) nothing offensive, controversial, in any way, shape or form.
Is that the same guy?
He absolutely lived and breathed the sim, so yeah, i feel sorry for him as well…assuming he is suspended.

2 Likes

There’s a note about it on the Simhanger YouTube channel:

11 Likes

I dont know youtube rules, neither do i know if there was a payment issue to host the videos.

1 Like

I don’t watch the channel, but I saw this come across my feed.

2 Likes

I can confirm Huddison has been in contact with YouTube and they’re currently working on reinstating his account (it was actually suspended on his request, following a hack on Sunday evening). This may take a few days, but he’s confident the videos are still intact so should be easily restored once the account is accessible.

1 Like

That’s his second channel. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Good stuff. I cant understand why people hack something like that, my daughters school was hacked a few months ago, a school!

1 Like

Hijacked is likely the correct term here, not necessarily hacked. At least that’s the most typical way YouTube channels get taken over like this.

Typically it’s the result of the owners receiving a phishing email from “sponsors” who are offering the YouTuber product / money for endorsing something and then provide a link to where they can “apply” for the sponsorship program. I personally know 2 separate people this has happened to. In their cases, it took months to have their channels reinstated.

2 Likes

Not good… :frowning:

Sneaky criminals! What are they trying to gain from it though? What do they do once “jacked in”? I don’t get it.

1 Like

I don’t have an answer for that. Not sure how they profit from it because typically they end up uploading a bunch of irrelevent garbage. In my friends’ cases, it was anime stuff. Like hundreds of videos. In my friends’ cases, they weren’t monetized. So it’s not like they were hijacking their revenue.

1 Like