Hurricane Milton very visible in MSFS2020

Good times in the Transall!

So crazy!

3 Likes

Flying in this is interesting.

I had initially had my cabin altitude set such that I didn’t have much margin for differential pressure. I just had a massive change in baro and it triggered a pressure difference warning for the pressurization system. I had to reset a lower cabin pressure for more headroom in the system.

It’s these little things that make this simulator so cool to me.

I also got a Buttkicker Pro a few days ago and it’s been a wild ride with the turbulence telemetry keeping it busy.

I feel mildly guilty that I’m here in CA with blue skies and sunshine, strapped into my simulator rig enjoying what is going to be someone else’s sheer terror.

Via con dios to those in its path.

2 Likes

I can relate; I’m in Oregon, thousands of miles away, flying through the storm, feeling sorrow for the people really facing it and its aftermath.

1 Like

Not surprisingly, the real world KTPA (Tampa) airport has been closed for a couple of days due to Hurricane Milton, but on VATSIM it’s fully staffed and there are currently 80 scheduled arrivals per vatsim-radar.com. YOLO.

Logged in via observer mode:

2 Likes

After 10 mins of flying i was worn out from being chucked about. Violent turbulence means violent motion platform. My wind generators were going mental too.

1 Like

I must say it had a windy feeling in the sim, but i only had a bit of rain flying from naples towards Tampa and then Orlando and that was hard on the windshield, but after 2 minutes is was more flying through mist then hairy stuff