Hydraulics while flying the ATR 42/72-600

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

ATR 42/72-600

Brief description of the issue:

While engines are running, the hydraulic pumps shut off, without throttle input. While taxiing at idle, you lose the hydraulic system and brakes, so you need to turn on the hydraulics crossfeed for it to work. Was also happening on OverKillSimulations Youtube channel during a ATR Guide Tutorial and verified with him that he was having the same issue.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

When both engines are in auto, the hydraulics lose power and cross feed is needed to fix it, have no issues when some power is applied to the aircraft.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

N/A

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

Issue seems to be related to the AC Wild generators, it seems that throttle at Ground Idle with Condition levers set at Auto, the AC Wild generators are offline, while in they should be online the moment that NP is high enough when the condition lever is at Auto.

Bringing the throttle to Flight Idle will make bring NP High enough to bring the AC Wild generator online, but IRL (and in the previous game version), just bringing the Condition lever to Auto should be enough.

N/A

Are you using DLSS?

N/A

N/A

Hello,

Ca you confirm if you were having this issue before you joined the Beta too, or is this a regression?

@Jummivana Started after installation of SU13 beta, not before.

2 Likes

I confirm that this is a regression, issue do not happen in current stable version (I actually rolled back to stable specifically because of that, since the ATR is my goto aircraft)

One thing additional thing I remarked : when condition lever is in auto, NP at ground idle in stable version is at 70%, while NP is is under 60% in beta version at ground idle (around 53-55 if i’m not mistaken), so the issue might simply be related to how propeller work now in the beta version.

This would explain everything, since while the DC generators are linked to the engines themselves, the AC Wild generators are instead linked to the propeller gearbox, which means that they need NP to be above a certain value to come online

3 Likes

Thank you for the information!

Can confirm that this started to happen in SU13 beta.

With condition lever in auto and power is pulled to ground idle, as soon as NP% falls unter 65% amber messages regarding HYD low pressure as well as A-ICING appear. With a tiny bit more power everything is fine again.

1 Like

Seems like something in this beta branch fixed the hydraulics issue, cause I am sitting at KLAS and at idle power and the TRU is on and the ACW is correctly working, without getting warnings or having to turn on the HYD XFEED switch. Maybe someone can test and see if it is fixed and working as intended.

Correction: Issue is still ongoing. When at idle, the ACW gens and TRU turn off, and I lose Taxi lights, until I re-add power and like before, everything returns to normal.

1 Like

Neither the new beta nor the new ATR update (1.0.31) fixed it. The issue is still there.

1 Like

I still see this with the new ATR build 1.0.31.

At idle with both engines in AUTO, I have no AC nor Hydraulics. If I add power, I can see them both come to life.

That’s not related to the ATR build version, since the issue is not present in the stable version of the sim, but to the sim beta update itself.

They changed something on how constant speed propeller are working

Issue present for me as well in the SU13 beta.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

ATR 42/72 600

Brief description of the issue:

At idle prop % only 63% so unable to open TRU

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Power up the aircraft in HOTEL mode, engine 2 throttle at idle and condition lever at auto. NP% needs to be above 67% so the TRU can be opened. The only way to achieve 67% is by advancing engine 2 throttle to nearly flight idle

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

So after the first beta build was released, a bug report was done because all the hydraulic pumps would go offline, while the ATR was in idle. Now we are almost at the end of the beta period and this issue STILL persists. Will it be fixed in the final release version due sometime this week, or are we going to have to wait until the next sim update (whenever that’ll be) to finally get this plane working correctly?

After release of SU13 today I can confirm that this bug is unfortunately still present. I hope they will publish a fix before SU14…

I would not be surprised that the ATR next update is in the next coming weeks

I confirm that after SU13 this bug is still present :confused:

I have this issue as well, which unfortunately also means that there is no brake pressure eventually, when in idle.

Can confirm with SU13 and agree that it seems to be connected to the new prop behaviour which results in the ACW Generators not getting enough NP. At least activating HYD XFEED can be used as a workaround to avoid being surprised by the loss of breaking especially on parking.

1 Like

Same here, no brakes at IDLE, I have to put torque on 5 to get problem solved.