Hype Performance Group & Developer David Amenta - Airbus H135 Helicopter

Well my view is that something is better than nothing and it will inspire others and maybe the DEVS. I look back at the guys at Flyinside that developed the VR add on for FSX , P3d and X Plane because within 12 months the base sims included VR .

Even if it’s half realistic I’ll be pleased as it beats trying to fly slow in a fixed wing to enjoy low and slow flight.

If it reaches FSX standard ( very low) I can live with that as a stopgap until Asobo get their ■■■■ into gear.

5 Likes

You forgot the crane :smiley:

1 Like

I think its the corn. Maybe try another crop, to see if it works out there.

1 Like

Good on ya Gents.You have to start somewhere and you are starting somewhere.That’s before MSFS as well.Regardless of what it will be like I will 100% welcome this till something better comes along but I reckon this will only get better the more we all work at it.Cheers.

3 Likes

I just discovered the H135 in MSFS, it is a lot of fun in VR !
I am used to fly the H135 v5 from Rotorsim in X-plane which can’t compare…
The MSFS H135 from Media Hype Train is stable like a cinema drone, it is very beginner friendly.
I made a video with my Quest 2 to show what it looks like in VR:

3 Likes

a person can explain the correct joystick setting for a helicopter i use the X45 from saitekle sim plant has opening

help me to configure my joytick to configure a helicopter

@PharaohSteve668 - do you have any tips or recommendations for @Revil2000 on his controller settings please? Thanks!

1 Like

I found that if you map the throttle slider on your joystick to the propeller controls that will let you control the 135. You may have to reverse the axis to get a realistic setting. I tried just using the propeller keyboard settings I normally used, but this did not bring a satisfactory result. The heli works this way, but the 135 is extremely sensitive to small changes, especially when just starting. I’m still messing with the joystick sensitivity to get a reasonable response.
To do this, you should make a new joystick profile. Be sure to use the copy feature to make the new profile and remove the throttle binding to the slider and add the propeller binding.

By making a copy, it will keep your other joystick button configurations.

I have the X56, I can not get it to go higher than ground effect. Its pretty cool, but I have propeller pitch 1 mapped, it does something and allows the aircraft to settle to ground, but when I roll it the otherway, I can not get any higher than 30Kts airspeed, and no altitude, its like it has no collective controls.

I have my Helicopter rsting, so it wojld be fun if this actually worked like the aerofly 2 ones do, They fly really nice.

Most of your standard mappings will work fine with H135, you just need to ensure that you have critical controls mapped.

Your throttle can remain mapped as it is by default or through your custom mappings. Remember however that you need to assign propeller controls to fully control the H135 - these can be mapped as you wish.

Zangeeef has provided an example of critical mappings for a X56 HOTAS in the attached photo.

I do not know piloting the helicopter, but one of my friends made this little tutorial on youtube, in french:

1 Like

I have a t1600 that only has one slider. If I map the propeller to the slider, I can see the blades start to spin and the helicopter rises, if I zero the slider, the blades slow or stop and the copter lands. I think the way it should work, is that throttle controls makes the rotors spin at a constant speed, and prop controls change the angle of the blades.
Usually controlled by the collective I guess. I’m not sure how to achieve this or if it’s really set up to work this way.

OMG this is amazing! You’ve done it, you’ve really done it – a true helicopter experience in MSFS, today, not in 2022. <3

I’m using a Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant; I created a separate “Helicopter” profile with the single throttle and prop axes, and it works pretty well with the default config (since prop is up at the top by default, which is where you want the engine if you start at the runway).

Because my yoke isn’t really ideal for a helicopter, I’m using an Xbox controller as control stick – I’ll get a separate joystick if I find I fly this a lot! :smiley:

“Mad props” as they say, to all involved.

1 Like

What is the correct configuration for throttle Hotas Warthog for helicopter
H135.

Thanks for the help, I got it working.
I had to just utilize throttle axis.
I made a new config, with just throttle axis, not throttle axis 1, 2, etc…

I normally run the throttle axis separately, so I can move twins on the ground better with variable thrust.

Its nice MSFS allows for additional preset saved options in the pulldown menu for the flight controllers, so now just need to change that back,and forth, and helicopter flies…

With the configuration shown of Trottle Hotas Warthog it does not serve me much the propeller (it is hardly noticeable if I move up/down the lever), only with the throttle I can go up/down and take speed.

read the docs :). propeller should be put on 100% somewhere around engine start, keep it untill engine shut off. You use the throttle axis as your collective

I don´t know if I have understand you well. If I read docs., that I haven´t read -forgiveness-:

• To avoid an annoying bug, exercise (move up and down) your throttle and propeller axis when loading into the game. If you don’t do this, you may find the aircraft flies away without any input. We will work out this bug soon. - When you load a new version of H135, the first 30 to 90 seconds are initializing the flight control module. If you take off prior to completion, you will find unpredictable flight controls. This occurs only once per version, so waiting before takoff for a minute or two will avoid this problem. Later, there will be an indication on the panels of this process.
  • You really must use PROPELLER AXIS and THROTTLE AXIS. You cannot use THROTTLE AXIS 1 and you cannot use RUDDER AXIS RIGHT and RUDDER AXIS LEFT. These will come later.

So I understand now that I have to use propeller axis and throttle axis at the same time; and I thnk -I am not sure- that I have to use in the same position, not one further ahead or behind the other.

Hmm you’re right. I thought I read that somewhere, but might have been a brainfart.

In that case you use both, throttle (collective) for speed, propeller for RPM. Not exactly sure how it was as it’s been a while I flew choppers, but I think you can move them independent from each other