I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

Yes, if I do save a flight, it does create that file. But I’m still able to choose a different flight from new without loading a saved one. Right now, I have no saved flights (there’s too many problems with these right now so I’ll wait until Asobo works out these bugs).

For now, I just manually pick my flights.

So when you delete that saved flight, you are able to pick another airport and aircraft? If you choose not to save it, the next flight are you able to pick a different airport and aircraft? Basically, this how I’m doing it as I’m not saving flights anymore. (OK, that sounded wordy!) :crazy_face:

Exactly, the problem is the .fssave file, or the way the game creates it. When I end a flight, the game automatically saves the flight under a .fssave file. The next time I start any other flight, the game will automatically load that file that it saved itself, even though I specifically command it to load a new and different flight.
I submitted the bug through Zendesk, I hope they solve it.

1 Like

OK, got it. I’m on the same page now. :wink:

Thank you guys! But I still waiting for a fix… it is a nightmare problem! Uhhh…

thanks guys for sharing the workaround to delete .fssave files - that works. And I guess it should be possible for Zendesk to solve that issue - it’s quite clear what happens…

1 Like

I’m with you too… Microsoft can fix it easy for the users community! Please!

A temporary fix I just figured out is to delete the 4files.
User/name/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/MISSIONS/Custom/CustomFlight/

CUSTOMFLIGHT.FLT & .FSSAVE & .PLN & .SPB

3 Likes

Thank you very much mate!

I did delete those files and it works now! Thank you very much for your help guys! :star_struck:

Hi ECTLG,
After deleting those files, does the problem come back after you exit and relaunch MSFS?

Yes mate, you must delete those files each time you restart the Flight Simulator 2020, anyway I expect Microsoft / ASOBO STUDIO will fix it soon!

1 Like

HI
it works this way with the steam version or it doesn’t matter

With the Windows Store version still having this issue (if you try non ASCII profile name).

Hi @ECTLG,
This is still happening? Do you have non ASCII in your windows name?

Right… still this issue…

And you have non ASCII in your user name with Windows?

Actually I haven’t but seems the Windows and the FS2020 keep remember… I know it is strange.

Interesting. Asobo needs to look into that.
You (and others here) should keep updating your ticket with zendesk that the problem still exists. You can edit your zendesk ticket to push it back to Asobo.

1 Like

Yes mate, I did it but I got the same standard reply message as always…

1 Like

Did you at one point have a non ASCII char in your user name and then you changed it?