I cannot load any different airport and plane - always the same airport and same aircraft - non ascii windows 10 account name

That’s yeah…

OK. I understand now.

When you rename an account in Windows 10, it actually does not rename it in a “system” way but rather a “display” way. It puts a symbolic link there - so in reality, your old user name is still being used.

The only way to change it is by creating a new user account on your PC.

1 Like

Sure mate… that’s the only solution without a clean Windows installation. Thank you.

1 Like

2 napja keresem a leirások alapján a Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe fájlt de nem találom.

1 Like

If you installed in the default location, it is located here:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Reminder: This forum is in English only except when looking for other players in the Multiplayer section.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information!

last question.
I did the d drive but now I made room for the c what is the basic download location.
Thank you for answering all your questions

If want it on the C drive, it’s best to uninstall and reinstall. It will automatically go to that folder I posted. Using the move command after install has caused some issues. Best to avoid it.

Make sure your C drive has that 150gb space available plus, since it’s the OS drive another 60gb. You’ll run into Windows 10 problems if it doesn’t have space to grow. :wink:

1 Like

I have the same problem. I used this temporary fix to be able to play. But I would like to know if you had any response from the developer?
Thanks for the temporary help.

Hi @BrunoMaraes,
Please also report this to Zendesk. The more that report it, the higher it gets flagged in the Zendesk database for them to look at.

This seems to be an isolated problem but can’t figure out why it happens.

@Hester40MT All right? I appreciate your return.
I opened the ticket and I will continue with the temporary correction. I do not see with good eyes I have spent a small fortune to have the full Deluxe version and I have to format my pc due to a game problem. And maybe the problem will happen again.
I will wait for a position from the company and continue here on the forum with you. Thank you for saving me with this temporary solution.
Note: This happened when I changed the gameterg of the xbox live. I changed the nickname in the game.

@ECTLG, I modified the title of your thread to make it more visible when the subject is searched.

1 Like

Okay mate! Thanks! :wink:

It seems to be afecting the missions also. I canot continue any mission, it aways restart the missions from the very beggining. It does create the save files, though, but is failing to load them as it should.

Hi @matukmatuk,
Make sure you file a bug report with zendesk. It will help all that have this problem.
Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

It is actualy the 3rd time I reopen the ticket…

2 Likes

Moved to new Bugs & Issues per request as issue is still present.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem from the initial installation and after two updates.

Hello - I’ve got the exact same issue. Freeflight returns to the first flight setup.

Hi @CaptKennintong and @RefluentPig0,
See the post below marked as “Solution” for a permanent solution:

If the permanent solution does not work, here is the temporary one:

Make sure you file a zendesk on this:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

NOTE: The reason this happens is because of a non-ascii character in your Windows 10 user name - in particular C:\Users\USERNAME Even if you changed it, those characters don’t really change - it’s symbolic (it becomes an “alias”).

1 Like