I feel cheated! Before launch

Which is why I don’t trust the trailers. It’s all a bunch of BS. Never trust the trailers. Trust me, ubisoft does the same thing.

3 Likes

Which would be fine if they put a warning label in tiny text at the bottom. Something akin to the Quack Miranda Warning.

That really is not an unreasonable expectation.

Except all flight sims shipped EXTREMELY incomplete, MSFS is actually much better off than the average. Anyone with any sort of experience knows flight simulations is an eternal work in progress.

2 Likes

I do not understand the problem. I have been playing the sim for weeks now and it looks just as good as in the advertisement at max settings. What is wrong? Maybe your settings are set lower than you think? There are some artifacts sometimes but I think you’re just thinking way too negatively.

5 Likes

The game looks exactly like the trailers though. It’s just that it doesn’t look like that EVERYWHERE. Big surprise. It still looks crazy good in general though, I’ve yet to find a place that just looks horrible except the poles with all those buggy areas, lol.

3 Likes

The game certainly looks amazing on my screen, and I have nearly 3,000 screenshots to prove it.

On the other hand, all you have is tears in a forum.

Incidentally, “false (this is the word you’re looking for, you’re welcome) advertising” doesn’t mean what you think it means.

5 Likes

I think they mean “bait, and switch”, and I don’t think that is the case, either. Ubisoft do that one a a lot.

Oh, I know what they mean. They’re just not very good at saying it. That’s what happens when one doesn’t have a point to begin with. :joy:

4 Likes

I know buddy. Believe me I do. But that is not how it should be. Can we not set the bar a little higher?

Eh no not really. There’s too much work to have a realistic “finished” product at launch, ever. If they launched this 6 months later people would whine that the rivets are misaligned or something else. It’s a lose-lose. I feel the current product we have is perfectly ready for release for GA planes and not for airliners. It has its issues and not a few of them, but in general the sim is a great starting point. Take it as Open Beta - they had the decency of not calling it Open Beta because they’re serious about the game, it’s too often used as an excuse. They clearly just said “launch is only the beginning of the journey” and we’re rolling with that.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that a lot here - the claim that people will whine about anything. Perhaps. However, in this case I believe that if Asobo/MS had released a game that, at the core, was complete, and didn’t have any major bugs, there wouldn’t be much of any dissent on the forum. You certainly wouldn’t find me here.

A big part of this is expectation management. There are a lot of things that could have been done differently. They could have listened to the alpha/beta testers and corrected all the things that were pointed out prior to “release.” They could have released it as an open-beta, or early-access title at a reduced price. They could have even released it at full price like they did with a public, open explanation of where things are currently, and where they plan to go in what timeframe.

But they didn’t. And they still haven’t. And therein lies the problem.

1 Like

It’s only a problem for the 1% of whiners and complainers.

1 Like

Come on let’s be fair here, it is THE most realistic game - if we can call it a game. Not sure if it depends on the PC / monitor, but setting everything to “Ultra” has left me speechless.

4 Likes

Man you’re in a thread of someone whining about the biggest step up in FS graphics since… probably the shift from 2d to 3d. We went in one day from “Flight Sims kinda look like ■■■, but it’s not important” to “the only truly next gen looking game on the entire market is MSFS”.

So yes people will whine about anything… I’ll post a beautiful screen and call it a day. Oh yes there’s also people whining the clouds “are ugly”. Lol.

4 Likes

Compared to prior generations of Flight Simulator, yes, it looks better - it should - it is the next iteration. Coming from not-flight-simulator games where ever more advanced graphical techniques have been in use for years now, it is easy to not be impressed.

1 Like

Thank you sir. And I am sorry I am not a native english speaker…funny, you got the message, but it is easier to disqualify the person…as you also have no point with your comments.

1 Like

This kind of posts indeed makes it really easy.

In its worst places, this sim looks better than any other sim in the market, and by a giant margin.

2 Likes

I wish it did.

2 Likes

One good option to consider on here is simply block them. There’s 18 on my blocked list already and the list keeps growing. One or two more already on the radar just waiting for the next tantrum or knuckle dragging comment and they’re in there as well.

Deny a screaming child a stage, a low brow attention seeker an audience, or a vexatious constant complainer a shred of interest and they will simply end up shouting at a wall in an empty room.

2 Likes