I finally found peace

Visiting every country is an ambitious project in an Xcub.

Note that the Bush League freeware Xcub performance mod has an option by editing the config to enable the auxiliary fuel tank.

NOTE: If you wish to add the long range AUX tank, simply open the flight_model.cfg file. Search for LeftAux. You will see the code required to activate the AUX tank. once changed simply save the file and you’re good to go.

Go for VATSIM. It is rather frightening at first, but there are lots of good video and other tutorials. If you do, enroll in Navigraph as well. It is essential for taxiing and dealing with ATC directed arrivals and departures that you did expect when planning your flights.

1 Like

Will do! Yeah I’m not looking forward to the water crossings, but in order for me to reach the states they are pretty mandatory :slight_smile:

I found them in early October and now fly with them twice a week. I’m well-versed in the ways of the XCub. Have you been on any of our flights? You’re certainly welcome to come along.

Hawaii yes.

Mainland US you could theoretically reach via the Bering Straight from Siberia, just 52 miles. Some 8,000 lend Lease aircraft were delivered to the Soviet Union during WWII that way.

1 Like

I am on the fence I too have flown since the 1st simulator on an old TRS80 all wire frame gfx lol I love my xplane for the level of detail in it still just seems smoother, I don’t mean frame rates I mean the aircraft seem more fluid and more like they are floating…This sim is getting there the gfx are better out of the box Yes for sure. For me the flight dynamics is the sticking point. Things that should have been in there and level of detail that msfs promised is all looking like payware and that ticks me off,The hand built airports have many mistakes and if done right we should not need more payware to put it where it was promised to begin with. even FSX has carrier ops built in and bombs (ie I used to simulate for fire fighting) I think it will get there it took a long time for fs04 and fsx to get to par. the big thing was also seasons. I imagine because of the map data its harder to render real time seasons but I loved fall flying ,I am hoping eventually the bugs get worked out and it becomes better. My 2 cents

1 Like

I had Defender of the Crown for Amiga and loved it.

The other way to do the water crossing would be take the Goose …

1 Like

Absolutely my opinion! Great Flightsimulator. Fantastic performence. The mood landscape, clouds and light nearly make my cry with emotions.
Also missing ATC ( better: the ProAtc addon)
Something I do not agree with you, LMex (toothpaste?? :joy:) is the wish of a Netheland update. Off course it MUST be Switzerland.

Yeah but I was planning to use that route for the way back home to experience the roundness of the earth myself :slight_smile: .

That’s a valid point, no need to switch as long as you’re happy with the other products out there. I actually hope that one day we can have realistic carrier operations (and air-to-air refueling) in MSFS as well. No need to simulate combat scenario’s for me (that’s what games like DCS are for), but it would be great to simulate peace time military operations like close air patrols, intercepts and weapon training scenario’s. Maybe even an air show from the Blue Angels.

Now don’t forget that the F18 and carrier operations were actually part of an expansion pack (Acceleration pack), so there’s still hope they release a DLC one day that supports peace time military operations. Maybe they can do something around the release of the new Top Gun movie, that will surely attract a lot of XBOX users to MSFS :wink:

You’re actually commenting on one of the few things that caused a little disappointment from my end too and that’s the quality of some of the hand built airports, especially EHAM. Now I didn’t expect full payware quality from these airports, but they could have been a little bit more detailed. I guess they didn’t want to mow away the grass from the 3rd party developers, just look at LOWI which was part of the standard hand crafted airports and which was released pretty soon as a payware expansion from ORBX. There might have been a conflict of interest at work between MSFS and 3rd party developers in this area.

Seasons will come though, that’s actually on the road map for this year and they already started development on that. You can even have seasons already if you are willing to pay for an add-on. But let’s be fair, the snow simulation with different depths of snow and live snow coverage around the world is already pretty amazing.

1 Like

That’s actually a great idea, love that plane. I’ll go do some island hopping with it one of these days for sure!

LOL, my nickname was inspired by the toothpaste. I actually used ‘elmex’ as a nickname on the internet at the end of the last century but later changed it to LMeX to make it a bit more fancy looking (I was young :wink: ). Never parted from it though.

Switzerland is also high on my wish list because of the Alps and the otherwise overall beauty of the area. It isn’t represented as it should have been, as are all the other Alp countries. The last Q&A revealed they are aware of that and want to improve them, so there’s hope they’ll get some love in the near future.

Speaking of Switzerland. In one of the versions of FS back in the 90’s, I went to an airport surrounded by mountains requiring a very steep descent. A commercial pilot I knew gave me the Jeppesen charts covering it. I’d like to ‘fly’ there if I knew where it was. As I recall there was only one runway.

Sounds a bit like LOWI (Innsbruck) but that’s in Austria. You’ll probably like LOWI too though if you like more difficult approaches.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Sounds more like Sion LSGS or Samedan LSZS, once southwestern and once southeastern Switzerland. Samedan is the celebrity airfield of St. Moritz

Klingt eher nach Sion LSGS oder Samedan LSZS, einmal südwestliche und einmal südöstliche Schweiz. Samedan ist der Promiflugplatz von St. Moritz

1 Like

Hi Miwi97,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll look into that as well as the tips from Miwi97. I don’t know why the ‘reply to post’ doesn’t take, sometimes it does.
edit- this time it took

1 Like

I’m absolutely with you OP, but at the same time I’m pretty shocked that some people here were already flying before I was even born :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

When it’s directly below the post you’re replying to it doesn’t show the ‘reply to user’ for some reason, it often makes it unclear that responses are a reply to a specific post though.

I’m going to try out the airports mentioned by Miwi97 too, your description of the airport sounds like a nice challenge :slight_smile: