I finally found peace

Well flying is a big word as the scenery consisted of nothing more than a few lines LOL. But I was a child at the time and my imagination had no problems filling in the gaps. I was in awe to see my big brother land the plane on the runway, but I was already very proud whenever I could manage to put it down in the grass without crashing. Not that hard either because all the land was green (and from my point of view grass) and all the water was blue.

1 Like

the water is not that blue these days

1 Like

Nice!! I don’t dare to fly under any bridges in MSFS, you never know which ones you can fly under and which you cannot.

The water is absolutely wonderful, I like how it can be nice and blue when the sky above it is clear and how it can be dark and gloomy under a cloud deck a few miles ahead. The water can be just as varying depending on the time and weather as the rest of the scenery making it almost never look dull and boring. When we get more water masks that will even get better in certain areas.

It’s actually details like this that makes the world feel alive, varying and fun to explore.

While I am almost there with you, this statement is what’s keeping me from it. The airplanes in my experience from past sims and real-world experience aren’t there yet. They look great, but the handling and flight characteristics are something they need to prioritize ASAP.

Agree with the rest, but, planes in a flight sim are a big factor.

I am on the other hand genuinely happy for you. I can’t wait to join you in this opinion.

1 Like

You do need to be in dev mode or disable crash detection to fly under that one.

1 Like

Ok, well I might not be too critical in that department. The only things that are really off for as far as I can judge are the ground handling and yaw handling (rudder input seems to affect the plane way too much).

But I must admit that my real world flying experience is almost next to zero compared to other people out there and only with small GA aircraft. So I’m judging more based on feeling than on actual experience.

The overall feeling of the aircraft (at least as far as the C172 and Robin are concerned) does seem to be quite close to me though. My biggest pro for the current flight models is that they don’t feel as much on rails as the ones in FSX/P3D and the fact that you can clearly notice the turbulence effect of terrain and cities.

I did also really like the flight models in X-plane but somehow the weather effects on the airframe felt way more artificial and less varying. I always had the feeling like I could foretell when a wind gust would come and the rhythm of turbulence felt exactly like that, a rhythm.

But I do also hope that we can soon all be happy about those things. It would be good to know that the flight model comes close to real world flying one day for as far as that is possible.

Thank you for the kind comments! We are certainly excited for all the great improvements coming this year to the sim, but grateful you are enjoying it right now! Cheers.

6 Likes

And for all live weather moaners out there and snowflake police chill. Currently over NW Africa catching a 110knt jet stream. Sure enough I look on windy.com and there’s a powerful jet at FL260. Some people will always nit pick.

The TRS 80 Level II basic & 4k ram, what a beast… it takes me back.
Yup sims have moved on a bit!

1 Like

I thought you were going to say I went out and learned how to fly for real… :wink:

1 Like

Still on my list for when I’m rich enough again LOL. Once made a start but had to stop because of a change in my financial situation. VR is a good patch in the meantime for me though and I can still fly along once every now and then. Real flying still has an irresistible attraction to it though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.