I have a question about achievement named My Way

I also feel like I’ve tried everything, including the tutorial up there. From now on I will try with a different plane every attempt. Perhaps I unlock “Jack of all planes” before this ■■■■ bugged “My way”.

By the way, my last attempt didn’t register a landing on the logbook. Other times it doesn’t log the take-off. I suspect this is what is causing our difficulties.

I finally got it! I am now one of the elite few to get this achievement before it was fixed.

My trip was KCOS to KHUT (though I don’t think this matters as long as it’s over 300 nm), VFR VOR to VOR with the TBM 930. Assistance set to True to Life.
I selected KCOS and a medium ramp to start cold and dark.
I selected KHUT as arrival, without selecting the parking spot (just whatever runway it defaulted to).
I flew most of the trip on auto pilot, except for take off and landing. After landing and exiting the runway I got directions to parking from Ground, then I handed taxiing and parking over to the copilot (AI) (I think this is the trick). The copilot didn’t even follow the proper directions to parking (we went off-roading).

After parking I got the achievement.

4 Likes

I did this before patch 3 came out, so things might be different now. I ended up having to fly this mission twice, both times I started cold and dark from the ramp and had my destination set for a runway (not a ramp spot). I didn’t unlock the achievement my first flight, but upon repeating the mission to a different destination, it unlocked halfway during my flight. I agree that this probably has something to do with the flight logging system not working correctly.

Finally, after many attempts I followed your advice here and unlocked the achievement.

I flew at least ten 300+ NM flights before with designated parking at both airports and never got it.

I really think the key was two things: I got a taxi to parking clearance from ground, and then I turned it over to the co-pilot to taxi to the parking spot. He taxied to the ground parking guys and pulled forward until he was indicated to stop from the ground guy. Then he started to spool down the engine and the achievement finally popped.

I flew the exact airports you did.
I chose a parking spot at KCOS, dark cockpit, true to life settings. When you choose these settings the game will start with the checklist and ATC dialogue boxes open. Do not close these. If you close the checklist or ATC box the settings change from True to Life to Custom. You can minimize them if you want.
I flew the TBM 930 and flew an IFR flight.
My destination was KHUT and I designated Runway 4 (not a parking spot).
ATC gave me the RNAV 4 approach which I loaded up in the MFD.
Using an approach sets you up right on the centerline. Approach at 90 knots.
After I landed, as soon as I exited onto a taxiway, I tuned ground and requested a taxi to parking clearance.
After I received it and acknowledged it, I opened up the AI Control box and selected “Control Aircraft”.
And sat back and went along for the ride to pickup my achievement.

I recorded it all, here is the video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/JUDFKRkZzLI

8 Likes

Just unlocked this by following BuildableSea96 and RMAG info.
TBM930, KCOS/KHUT, Direct VOR, Autopilot engaged with mode FMS, RNAV approach as directed by ATC (RWY22). Co-pilot control after landing to parking and shutdown. Achievement popped upon shutdown.
I’ve tried this before with lots of different aircraft (A320, Cessna Longitude), and approaches (IFR/ILS) but it never popped.
MSFS2020 v1.9.5.0.

1 Like

Ok, I am apparently flying to Kansas for the sole reason of getting this stupid achievement which I should have gotten long ago. This had better work! :laughing:

@BuildableSea96, @RMAG and @Namedpaulw10 you are awesome! Followed your flight plan with the TBM 900, had the AI copilot take over to taxi and shutdown and I got the achievement! Thanks for posting the necessary information.

3 Likes

I think the achievements are somewhat buggy at the moment. I somehow unlocked “Deadstick Landing” which is “After receiving landing clearance, switch off engines and successfully land on the runway.”, but I have never done anything like that, I haven’t landed without engines running so far in MSFS. I did in FSX since I had a failure addon on that sim, but not MSFS…

1 Like

I finally got the achievement. One of two things I did made it happen:

1- (most probable) I selected a parking spot on the destination airport. Once arriving, I lend control of the aircraft to the AI which taxied to a parking spot that was not the one I selected and was not the one assigned by ground control. Once stopped, the achievement popped up (gosh, the spot wasn’t even marked on the scenery! It was Innsbruck);

2- I flew the flight just after the release of update #4.

1 Like

I tried this today, November 6 and still bugged.

Set the flight plan up in the World map screen, started cold at a gate at YMML and flew to YSSY, unfortunately my ILS wasn’t quite right (first attempt in a 787) so I had to go around. Once landed I couldn’t find the right gate so I turned on the Taxi Ribbon and once parked definitely didn’t get the Achievement.

1 Like

Turning on the taxi ribbon will definitely kill it. If you read through the thread you will find that the key is letting the AI taxi in. A cheaty workaround of sorts, but the only way to unlock the achievement for now.

1 Like

Watch my YouTube video above. What you did what it will not get the achievement.

1 Like

i guess it not a stupid achievement. good job

Thanks for the IAS LED fix Youtube on the Bravo quadrant. I was just happy to learn I didn’t have a defective Bravo unit. Having the IAS [FLC] work properly is the icing on the cake.

Do you have any idea whether Asobo will incorporate the Aerosoft driver and other fixes in a future sim update?

This achievement is so bugged, ■■■■ near ready to just submit a ticket to zendesk… how is it a solution to allow the AI to fly the plane, thus assist you since you are PIC in order to unlock an achievement where the description states “without assistance.”?

Funny thing is, is that the Stay on Target achievement unlocked for me after 100+ hours of ILS landings and not unlocking it until one flight, while on Final for instrument landing ILS 17L at KDEN went visual for 17R due to traffic on the runway… AP off, achievement acquired… :laughing: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: Even got the no power landing even though power was on, landing in a crosswind with pretty active power management… :man_facepalming:

It’s still bugged I guess. I tried several 300+ mile flights. I tried with at A320 following ATC instructions, and with the Daher. All set true to life and I’m not even looking at the checklist or using any shortcuts, nor vfr map etc. I tried while completely ignoring ATC (never turning the radio on), with auto pilot, without auto pilot.

I’m sure I parked in a parking spot (at the fuel station) since the fuel menu popped up and with the A320 the jetway connected.

Now I read here it works with the AI pilot doing it all? I guess the description means without lending any assistance to the co-pilot :joy: My Way referring to the co-pilot…

Switching to manual and using sim rate while on AP for the middle stretch invalidates it as well. So the achievement is for finding the patience not to touch anything for 90 minutes (except the 1 key for ATC)

I swear they put this nonsense in just to troll people like me, who can’t not finish what they start but I’ll try to ignore it. (I’ll fail and try again, hate it) Achievements, worst invention of modern gaming!

Maybe there’s a route where it works where you can fly yourself?
Maybe the problem was closing the checklist window (which changes assistance from true to life to custom)

See, there I go again.

I think that is a factor mentioned in a previous post. If you open a window minimise it but don’t close it.
Good Luck

Hurray, that was indeed the problem, together with getting diverted by ATC (go around calls) which doesn’t make it a direct flight anymore (I guess).

It worked for me with this flight, from Nice to Bordeaux

I set the destination to parking spot 26, easy to find

The weather cooperated to give me a straight in approach on ILS runway 29, while approaching at 280 degrees from Nice, easy.

Direct as direct can be

I filed an IFR request with ground 118.7 (request IFR clearance for Instrument FP) after booting up the plane (didn’t touch anything on the checklist, just referenced it to make sure not to miss any steps but did not tick anything or use the look at icon)

ATC send me to 18K ft and left me there all the way, just a couple hand offs to acknowledge while enjoying the terrain below and other traffic in the sky. It had one small quirk where it briefly told me to climb back to 18K ft on approach (after earlier telling me to descend to 4K ft) I acknowledged, started a slow climb and it soon corrected itself to directed me to 3,000ft, max 220 knots, then handed me off to the tower for landing clearance.

Easy landing, turned off the runway and asked for taxi to parking. The crew were waiting for me at the spot I had picked beforehand. I followed the directions of baton guy, then shut down the plane according to the checklist. (Not ticking anything, just looking at it)

That did it, achievement unlocked. No need for AI pilot :slight_smile:

1 Like