I just read yesteday's official development update and

I quote:

" There are some bugs discovered this week from the recent update and we plan on releasing a hotfix in the coming week. It will include a fix for the night lighting Render Scale, Offscreen Terrain PreCaching on VR menus, minor world/water mask clean-up, and a few more items."

C’mon, not a word about the thousand posts about people who couldn’t even launch the game anymore?
Okay now people know Xbox app was needed, but still there’s lots of guys (including me) having the greatest difficulties to finish of even start the download. The Store was a mess. Now with the xboxapp it takes a step further…

2 Likes

Any proof of that, or just the usual rant? Afaik after installing the xbox app there’s nothing in the way.

2 Likes

good for you…

1 Like

oh I meant hundred post (sorry my english isn’t top level and I always mistake between hundred and thousand lol)

You don’t believe me? No problem I prefer ignore you…

4 Likes

Not working for me either. I was able to update to 1.19 but then launching it says I need a small update but immediately crashes when I hit Install and corrupts the game so that I needed to keep repairing it to even launch it just to have the cycle repeat. I had to fully uninstall the game and am now redownloading 132gb of data. Good for you that you had no issue but there are plenty of people that still cannot even use the sim.

1 Like

Best to just ignore him. He goes around and bashes anyone who says something critical about this game. Since he doesn’t have issues of course no one else can. MS probably didn’t mention anything about the download process because absolutely everybody, besides this guy above, knows it is an absolute disaster. It’s a horrible process and not only can it loop and fail or whatever else but it cooks your video card. Mine nearly blew up this last update while it downloaded at 1.5mb it made my monitors shut off and then turn back on the screen turned an opaque green and had 720p resolution when it was running in 4k. I guess it was some kind of safe mode. The download process is a dumpster fire.

4 Likes

you could away limit the fps save your card from heating to much. Mine was runing at 10% when updating, before the last patch

If you haven’t seen the post he is talking about you aren’t paying attention. There has been many of us with this issue and many many saying so.

1 Like

sad to read that, i think most if not all problem like that depend of windows settings, something not default/standard, but microsoft said nothing about it untill you got the problem, if you install another xbox soft - xbox app, so msy be will not overkill relogining there, then watch windows settings like firewall, i have disabled uac for death, and need to back opportunity to start simulator as not admin only for buy something in marketplace, or i had to back uac by same reason for download msfs year ago, any way watch your windows settings, something can prevent to work with msfs by normal way
good luck

In the meantime I’m enjoying hours and hours and hours of sim fun time. MSFS has millions of users. So 1000 bellyacher’s is not bad at all.

1 Like

Don’t be so bloody supercilious…the bloke is obviously having a problem…and reading many other forums…including A2A, flightsim, avsim etc etc, he is certainly not on his pat malone…let him get the dirty water off his chest…he has paid for this product, and is entitled to his opinion and/or venting his frustration.
We are all over the moon that you are having a wonderful time with this game…however, regretfully, there are a heck of a lot of us having issues. Most of mine have been amplified since the last WU. Hopefully things will be some what fixed with the upcoming patch…but I am certainly not holding my breath…just keeping an open mind, and fingers crossed.
Don’t forget, satisfaction has many levels…same as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like

Per the closing comment on the Development Update, please participate there regarding any feedback on the official comments or content.

1 Like