I know it isn't just me but I have noticed that the visual eye candy is slowly disappearing

The photogrammetry melted buildings have always been there. See this thread, and check the date:

The point is that anyone can get melted lego blocks or buildings for any number of reasons - their settings and config, their nVidia card settings, GEForce experience, bad internet, their data settings all wrong, using HDD for a rolling cache (just guessing at that one), server side issues…the list goes on. The experience for poeple does vary and is variable. And that’s before we get to hardware and people’s set ups, windows versions etc etc.

When you are trying to see things from a distance, are you zooming in? If you are, it’s a pointless exercise. The zoom capability doesn’t zoom - it simply enlarges. A real zoom would give the appearance of a camera closer to the focal point - not just making the same textures bigger. The PG doesn’t spawnn in properly froma distance because, unless you zoom, you don’t see it.

Here’s a video I did to show this in NY (this was for another purpose, but you get the idea).

The point is that if you are flying and looking out of the window, in real time, without pausing and zooming in really close, the PG looks great lmost all of the time. It is a little dark and sometimes doesn’t blend in well to the surrounding area, but as you can see in my video above

it looks great to me - and you don’t have to be low and close to it as you can see in my video. In fact it looks worse if you are really low and close to it, but it is designed to look good from a few hundred feet and more up.

But i know people don’t like it and have issues - it is not everyone’s cup of tea. You always have the option to turn it off if you don’t like it and I know some people do that.

The switch between low and high res ground textures is just over 20,000ft. Try slew mode to find it exactly - you can watch the texture change in real time. This isn’t any different to the launch.

There are bugs with the LOD and I’ve seen some weird texture things, for example:

Trees were deemed too big by the community - so they got shrunk and immediately there was an outcry - what have you done with the trees?? Put them back!

Night lighting was deemed to be poor by the community - so they tried to fix it and immediately there was an outcry - what have you done to our night lighting?? Put it back!

5 Likes