I miss trains

It was one of the good things about XP11. You’d be busy flying about and suddenly spot a long train far down below snaking its way slowly through the landscape. Bring A.I. trains to MSFS 2020!

15 Likes

I agree, if they’ve got the time to do animated animals I’m sure they can bring us some trains.

21 Likes

AI trains would be fantastic.

12 Likes

Even better if there was the equivalent of real flight traffic that mapped real trains.

10 Likes

It’s probably possible. The GIS data they have through Bing maps will no doubt identify railway lines. But I think they need to improve the road car behaviour before they think about putting a more complicated train model in the sim

6 Likes

Now they need to team up with the train simulator game and put them all in the same world

18 Likes

Now that it was mentioned, I have not seen trains. It is very common in the southwest USA to spot trains when flying.

It would be nice to see a few.

7 Likes

Trains would be a very good add

5 Likes

I hope more people vote this as well. Trains are really needed. Flying in Italy or France or Germany or UK, High Speed trains and regional trains would add a lot of realism and fun. In Tokyo and Japan, you really need trains as they are everywhere and you probably see more trains than cars. E.g. Yamanote Line, Chuo Line but also the Shinkansen HSR. And China as well and Korea. Please add these, and I am sure people and the community would even enhance this!

14 Likes

Imagine using Bing maps for flying, and trains. Two simulators in one :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Another vote for trains!

3 Likes

I miss radio towers.

4 Likes

Oh yes please.

I am a train tragic. I know whenever I fly in Australia to another city - I can usually locate myself looking out the window just by the railway lines and I’m often quite excited to see trains out the window… and even at 8-10,000ft, I’m already trying to identify what model it is.

:steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car:

4 Likes

Here is an idea - use MSFS world to create a train sim :slight_smile:

It wouldn’t be much good, train sims have much more detail and at ground level the MFS World isn’t that great.

3 Likes

Better yet combine all Flight Simulator, Train Simulator, Truck Simulator, and Ship Simulator into one product and call it Microsoft Simulator. The multiplayer should be able to see all those people playing. I would love to have a race with high speed train in a plane.

8 Likes

Some time next year, this would be nice.

I vote for this one. We have mass trainyards locally and it’s a bit odd to fly around locally, low and slow, and there are no trains. About 30-40 go through the city every day…and I miss that!!!

Greg

2 Likes

Would be nice to be able to follow a half mile american consist or race a TGV from Bordeaux to Paris

2 Likes

We definitively need trains. It would add a lot to the realism.
Think Japan, where you would likely see more trains than cars in VFR and also a lot of the urban landscape is made of train stations and tracks and trains would make it living.
Also Europe, with regional train and High Speed such as TGV in France, Frecciarossa and Italo in Italy, ICE in Germany. But also Shinkansen in Japan. And for US and Canada, spotting and following long freight trains. But guess many other countries as well. It would be nice if Microsoft adds basic train and train lines, and addons could be developed by third party to depict actual train by country, with real speeds and stations.

3 Likes