I miss trains

I would like to see trains too.

3 Likes

Railroad bridges would already help a lot with VFR. My town is not the same without its iconic railroad bridge.

Of course there are also no fall colors and the waterfall is missing as well

Anyway railways are very easy to spot and follow in the landscape for VFR, it would be nice to have them.

7 Likes

And there are some very realistic looking static trains to find here and there…

4 Likes

I know where there is at least one in the program. I did a flight into Orlando International Airport (MCO) the other night. When I had taxied to my assigned gate, I noticed the airport monorail that goes between the central and outlying terminals going past my aircraft. I have to say that it was a really nice touch to see this little detail to the airport in the program.

2 Likes

Photogrammetry for the whole world will do too :smiley:

It would also be cool if the game could get live boat traffic
https://www.vesselfinder.com/
It’s so cool to see all the ships parked in a grid pattern on the North Sea, waiting for a dock at the Maas vlakte.

The North Sea is a busy place. Linking this into FS2020 would bring the oceans to life.

The equivalent for trains https://tracker.geops.ch
It even has buses moving around in some places.

7 Likes

seeing an american freight train in germany is not immersion lol

2 Likes

Immersion, immersion, immersion! Guess what it’s all about?

If it exists in reality then, within reason and the exigencies of a notional list of priorities,
it should exist in sim!

Simple!

1 Like

I’m surprised it is not a priority for them, given their apparent obsession with all things to do with scenery.

I can see the future posts now…“that train was 4 minutes behind schedule. this sim is sooo inaccurate…”

7 Likes

Hahahah :joy::joy::joy:

better let Asobo know what day i put my bin out on the street to be collected by recycling centre people then because if my bin is not showing on a specific day i will come back to these forums and complain i am missing immersion immersion immersion

1 Like

Was that really necessary?

Or am I just being naive in expecting a little civility?
It’s a truism to say that sarcasm really is the lowest form of wit.

Come on.
Enough of this eh.
Let us not dig this hole any deeper.
What do you say?

1 Like

No hole to did my comment was meant in humour i apologise if you did not read it that way. The joys of internet speach it seems has failed yet again lol.

1 Like

Agreed!
Your last remark has now made me smile!
I can but follow your example, and apologise too.

1 Like

nothing to apologise for sir was just a misunderstanding. We are only humans :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes and they seem to be part of photogrammetry, hence static. I guess together with the author of this thread we all want to see a dynamic train traffic across the globe, or am I totally wrong ?

Where is that place in your screenshot? It actually looks fantastic TBH, I’d love to pay a VFR visit.

That’s Aachen in Germany but you will find similar in other places with photogrametry.

I definitely agree - it makes X-Plane more realistic. Also ships. They are modelled and from big tankers down to small launches but big ships should be everywhere - not just in some countries. If road traffic doesn’t affect frame rates then these shouldn’t either.

1 Like

What about having cars slowing down and stopping at intersection and giving way (such as traffic light as well). Also, having smoother curves. I wonder how complicated that would be, as a logic for cars following roads is there so how much complexity and overhead would a more sophisticated algorithm cause? It would be nice if this is exposed in the SDK, it would be nice to have a look at how to change the logic

2 Likes