I need help with what parts to get for the simulator on a custom PC build

Now you are getting into unknown territory. If you really want to be safe then possibly 1200w but 1000 would probably be OK

1 Like

thats a good point :flushed:

hahaah thats true. i think im pretty satisfied with the 30 series to be honest but then again we can never tell what nvidia is up too

1 Like

Fire insurance might actually be the cheaper option :rofl:

1 Like

i also have some other questions about some things more to do with my setup then my pc if you can help, if not its totally fine

first, my bedroom has a wall that is at a 45 degree angle but i need a monitor mount for it so would normal mounts be able to do this?

also i have no clue about cable management but i need a USB port hub so any recommendations?

1 Like

Can’t help you to much with that stuff … but my bedroom TV is fixed to a floor to ceiling pole in the middle of the room as the wall is too far away, of course I could get a bigger TV but $$. As for a USB hub 3.2 is the new standard and it’s v fast, more I can’t say.

Edit: my wife uses the pole to practice her saucy dancing (or did I dream it :wink:)

2 Likes

I dont know much about monitor mounts.

For USB hubs my recommendation is to invest in a quality brand, like Anker, and look for the ‘power delivery’ feature.

Stay away from Nekteck as a brand. I bought the following product from them, it died after destroying two sets of 400$ noise cancelling headphones, a brand new Bose 700 and a slightly used Sennheiser Momentum WIreless 2.0, hooked up for charging. It still hurts. Thank god my Samsung phone and tablet were not plugged in, otherwise it would have been another 2000 dollars down the drain.

Also do you think 100 mbps matters for MSFS (internet)

Won’t matter for 1080p or even 1440p but it’s really pushing it for 4k at the higher LODs (5-9). Given the choice I’d go for 150Mbps to be safe. Even then research the ISPs, they are not all the same whatever your speed.

1 Like

Say I bought a TP LINK, you know the kind that plugs into a plug socket, some say up to 1200mbps which sounds crazy! Would it actually get me up to around 1000+ mbps or would I still stay the same what I’m at with virgin media at 79mbps

You’ll get 79 and maybe a little more if you’re lucky but at least Virgin probably won’t throttle you further down the line as some smaller ISPs might try to so less chance of dropouts. I fly at 1440p and have no problems with LOD 400 on just a 50Mbps service by one of Germany’s better providers (1&1).

1 Like

Ok that’s great to here that i won’t need to spend any more money on internet, I am gonna be using VR for MSFS but with oculus you can go cabled or airlink with wireless so I’m gonna need to look into that

Cables get worn out or damaged pretty frequently from what I’ve seen reported but the choice is yours. On the other had you don’t need a degree in networking to set them up :laughing:

I bought a Microcenter PowerSpec with I9700K, 2070 Super, 32Gb DDR4 3200 (added 32Gb later), 1 TB NVme, extra 1TB SSD I had, 1080 27 in AIC, water cooling case, Thrustmaster TFlight HOTAS 16 months ago ($1500 + $200 + $80) … also Comcast internet 400-600 Mbps unlimited …I do pretty good with all settings on ULTRA approx 40-60 fps (until SU7, temporarily down to 20-35) … will it save you much to build yourself, or you just like doing it? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Oh I agree there are big savings to be made in self build but as you know there’s more to it than just throwing it together. My build budget was originally €1000 but stupid gpu prices soon killed that, at €600 my 3060 cost me 200 more than list price at release and that was still 80 less than the next cheapest supplier, a Ti would have been preferable but not at €800.

1 Like

do you think PC parts will decrease in price next year (around january - march)

Probably not so much, instead of just the scalpers gpu manufacturers and suppliers now pretty much know they can charge what they want. CPU’s maybe but they’re not really inflated now.

1 Like

alright thats cool

One thing worth mentioning is Nvidia is expected to announce new GPUs (a 3050, a 3090ti and possibly souped up versions of the existing 3070/80 to compete with Intel upcoming Arc Alchemist line-up of discrete graphics cards) on January 2022.

It may be possible to grab one of these at retailers at MSRP when they start selling.

Also AMD and Intel announcements should have some impact on CPU prices, as is usually the case when new products are introduced. Not much though.

great info! thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: