I9 9900K + RTX 2080 TI = Low FPS ?!?!

Tried following your suggestions. My in-game sim graphics settings did not change with changing Nvidia tuning. So is what’s going on like pipe diameters? In another words, if Nvidia settings are wide open (allow for highest possible graphics) and the sim graphics settings are more restrictive, i.e., lower res graphics, narrow diameter pipe, does the lowest graphics settings have the controlling effect. I would say that the main thing that I noticed by leaving my graphics settings at the combo ultra/high suggested by Spazzy Optimal settings for Flight Simulator - Nvidia and moving the Nvidia slider to higher quality settings is that the image definitely got better and was the best at the highest possible Nvidia allowance vs. the “optimal” setting recommended by Nvidia without affecting framerate much (a few fps).

So I was wondering if some graphics setting in the sim is already limiting me for fps, the “optimal” Nvidia tuning setting is limiting me for overall picture quality, and as I increase the Nvidia quality, I’m increasing the Nvidia pipeline diameter (and graphics quality) while not overcoming something that is/has been limiting my fps in the sim? Maybe it’s something other than my graphics settings like the cockpit instrument panel refresh rate?

I guess the basic question is how does Nvidia tuning play with whatever sim graphics settings you have and where should one ideally start with sim graphics settings to get the most out of Nvidia tuning? I did have DEV mode turned on and used its FPS counter to monitor the effects of Nvidia tuning - is that the only reason to have DEV mode turned on when Nvidia tuning?