Icon A5 - 2021 Performance Edition - Upgraded Performance, Avionics & Autopilot

Completed short flight with new mod, only very minor issue (see in picture above) is the Oil Temp on the MFD still indicates low - all other gauges show in the green. This plane just keeps better - thanks again for all your time and efforts. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hi PharaohEo:

When I was a young man, I used to dream about building a seawind. So it’s no surprise that my favorite plane on MSFS 2020 is the Icon A5. I’ve logged more hours on the icon than I have on all the other planes combined.

That’s why I have been so interested in your Mod. However, I have not been able to get it to work. I copied the directory to the community folder but it doesn’t show up in my list of planes at all or even as a different livery. I have several other mods installed so I have a little confidence in the method.

Do you have any idea what I might be missing?

Hi there!

Let’s start from scratch if possible, delete any currently installed version of this mod (previous versions had different naming structures so look for icona5-supercharged and icona5-insaneperformance).

Please note that the mod doesn’t add the livery so if you’re looking for that you won’t find it, easiest way to see if this mod is loaded is by the navigation unit being changed

1 Like

Ah, I was looking for that sexy black livery! So maybe it is working afterall. I’ll look for the nav unit tomorrow. Right now, my bride of 50 years needs my bed warming talents…

Another possibility is that I don’t have the working title gx Mod installed properly. I assume that goes into the community folder too?

Thanks PharaohEo.

1 Like

I unfortunately don’t have permission yet to redistribute the livery, it is included in the livery megpack and was created by SeeRyFly#2310

Let me know how it goes tomorrow, more than happy to troubleshoot :slight_smile:

So, it seems it was always there and always ok. I just didn’t think so because the black livery was not there. Mea Culpa.

I probably should have noticed the extra speed, and the shorter take-off distance, but didn’t because I was blinded by my eyes… Go figure.

I can’t wait till I have time to fly to my favorite northern lake a lot faster than before. After I get used to it a bit more, Ill install the livery set you referenced.

Thanks you for helping so generously!

A small suggestion that you may already heard though. Is it possible to increase the range on the air-speed indicator so that your new speed capabilities stay in the appropriate green and yellow ranges? Or is that yet another dumb request?

Cheers!

Glad it’s working for you! Also, I would love the closest ICAO to your lake to try it out for myself :slight_smile:

I have gone back and forth on the physical gauge…

You’ll notice the G3X does go beyond the physical gauge’s indicated speed - my logic behind this was that the airframe still has the same limitations as before, some bozo just supercharged the hell out of it and removed the speed governor.

I treated in feedback though. If you play with damage enables I believe the plane falls apart after 130?

Version 2.1 has been released:

• Uwa light mod is now included
  • Your attitude display settings will now be saved in between sessions
  • Various engine indicator system (EIS) changes and fixes
  • Thumbnail added to indicate that mod is successfully loaded

We also have a surprise coming for the CTSL shortly, gee I wonder what it could be?

1 Like

The closest airport is CYZE which is SW of Gore Bay on Manitoulin Island in Ontario Canada. There is a nice marina in Gore Bay as well. Lake Kagawong is about 30km (heading 090) East of there. Our cottage is on the long bay at the north end of Lake Kagawong - plenty of room to land and usually calm enough too. Lots of small airports along the way for re-fueling. Depending on where you are flying in from, one of the nicest ways to get there is via the Bruce Peninsula north out of Niagara Falls. The Bruce, together with Manitoulin Island, separate Georgian Bay from Lake Huron. Getting there that way is a nice flight along the Niagara escarpment with lots of scenic islands and rock cliffs. Gotta LOVE the new Sim for the scenery alone! Wish they used Google maps data instead but Microsoft probably insisted otherwise!

I’ll load V2.1 of that awesome Bozo’s mod this afternoon! Wooo Hooo!

And, THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Sounds like a beautiful, fun place to fly!

You made an already fun plane way more fun. This is how the real one should be built!! Awesome, thank you for your work! Every user of the icon absolutely needs to install this mod.

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad you’re enjoying it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Released a short video covering the features of the plane in its current 2.11 state.

5 Likes

High altitude flight with the new updated mod in Peru. Climbed to 17,000’ at 800 fpm 60 knots. Plenty of power left. Everything worked perfect. Thanks again for a great airplane.

2 Likes

I hope you had your oxygen! Thanks for trying it out!

I want to plug a thread I found earlier today that had some cool Icon liveries and interior stuff done!

One pic of the interior, check the thread for more!

1 Like

Please note the circled area is what needs to be clicked for AP functions.

1 Like

I know that , I’m asking how to bring up this part on screen?

Click that same bar again and it should go through the 3 pages available.

I can not find anything to make it… could you show me in picture by steps please?
do i need to press any keys?

Hi Bamzi, having just done this myself, maybe I can help.

In the top right corner there is a button that either says split or full. If it says split, you have to press it to get the split screen. If it already says full, then the screen is split like the photo. In that case, maybe you should send us a picture of what you see. That might be easier than asking us for photos cuz then we see what you see.

1 Like