I'd like to apologize

Last Thursday, 1 October 2020, I suffered a meltdown and unloaded negatively in all directions here in our forum. This is probably one of the drawbacks of having spent 21 years in the Navy working on and flying in various aircraft. While in the Navy, as a Senior NCO, conflict resolution usually ended with, “Because I said so!” For me personally, this trait is worsened as I am a Navy Brat. My dad served 31 years in Uncle Sam’s Giant Canoe Club, working on and flying in various aircraft. Dad was the last of the enlisted back-seaters in the F-4J and made his final flight in 1978. Although he retired in 1994, he served in Korea, Vietnam, and the first Persian Gulf War. Not to make excuses for my actions but my passion for aviation started when I was very young, and I still possess my very first aircraft spotters book. I may dig it out and take some pictures of it later.

But anyways, I need to apologize to this great community (which includes everyone - the Devs, Mods, fellow Alpha/Beta testers, and everyone else). I am truly sorry for my behavior. Going forward I will try harder not to be so intense, and work to not be so offensive when my passion is running high. Although these traits in some ways served me well in the Navy, as a civilian, not so much. Nevertheless, I do hope everyone understands and won’t hold anything against me. Again, I am truly sorry for the way I behaved.

72 Likes

Thank you for your service. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The frustration is deep for all of us. We understand, and as a vet with similar aircraft experiences, thank you and we understand.

1 Like

What a nice apology. Take a hug from this lady.
:+1:t2:

2 Likes

PS it takes a big man (like most of the Navy Chiefs I have known) to admit when they’re wrong :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Apologies are something that you very rarely see on forums nowadays, so good on you.

Don’t stop being passionate though. That will always be a positive.

7 Likes

Thank you sir. Nuff respect to you. The fact you admit to your mistakes is a true sign of self love, self honesty and maturity… you’re human after all…

1 Like

I would imagine that it’s very difficult switching from a military life to a civilian life. Different rules, different way of life, different lifestyle.

You have my respect. Thanks for the apology.

2 Likes

You know, it’s a real shame to look at the forum sometimes :confused: :pensive: and the amount of toxicity is unbelievable…I feel so sad, disappointed and downright ashamed for the behaviour of some people here. Have your views, but be respectful of people and their views… opinions are like armpits and mouths…everyone has one!! And people, its only a sim, a sim that will improve and get better with time. Its still new, so its crawling before it walks.can we please govern our passions sensibly.this forum also has good tips that helped my simming a lot. Thanks for reading!!:grinning::smiley::innocent:

5 Likes

It takes a real man to admit he was in the wrong and apologize. Full respect to you.

4 Likes

Takes a big guy to recognize his error/s, and even bigger guy to apologize for them. Kudos.

We’ll swap Navy stories perhaps one day…Hooyah!

2 Likes

A thru gentlemen speaking, Thanks mate! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks to both you and your Dad. My Step-Brother was a Red Shirt on the Coral Sea in Vietnam, loading up the ordinance on F-4s.

Glad to have you in the Forum, and thanks again for your service!

:us:

2 Likes

You should consider getting a cat.

1 Like

Or maybe a dog.

1 Like

I should flag your post for being offensive but I am not that petty :scream_cat:

1 Like

Well said shipmate, bravo zulu.

1 Like

Good on you @DavidWS10,
It’s not our mistakes that define us - It’s the way we handle them.
You handled this one well.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

1 Like

You have a big heart and it takes a lot of courage to apologize publicly. Respect for that!
Many greetings
Pit

1 Like

Strong work shipmate, retired Naval Aviator and Commercial pilot, the frustration runs deep.

1 Like