If you could only choose one : Just Flight BAe 146 or PMDG 737?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll buy both aircraft on day one :money_mouth_face:

But I’m curious to know which one of the two would you prefer to buy first ?

1 Like

As I have never owned a PMDG aircraft (always XP before), I’ll go for the PMDG just to see what its like.

4 Likes

PMDG. Will be buying the whole fleet!

2 Likes

I got an opportunity to travel several times on the real 700. Definitely PMDG.

1 Like

Definitely the Bae146, as it is so useful on short routes and jetway-less airports in Europe and Oceania. Also looking forward to learning how to operate a somewhat older generation of airliner. If I want to fly modern, I have the free A320 (which I love). As for developer preference: never had any experience with PMDG, but seems from comments I’ve seen that they are clinging a bit too much to old code perhaps? Have been very happy with JF’s ongoing support for the excellent Piper Arrow that I own. Plus: European over US manufacturer whenever I get the choice… :wink:

14 Likes

BAE 146 first

and get PMDG 737-800 half year later

2 Likes

I would choose the BAE 146…737s are all too common and have been shoved down our throats for the longest in flight simming along with A320s.

3 Likes

146 here. PMDG later.

1 Like

Neither waiting on different planes.

5 Likes

I’m definitely buying both. But let’s say they released at the exact same time and I had to pick one to fly for the next week: BAE146 for sure. As much as I’m sure I’ll like the 737… I like the unusual 146 just a bit more. It’s awesome in X-Plane, and will be even better in MSFS.

6 Likes

After all these years of being a flightsimmer and finally having the finances to allow for a tad of splurging money into these here advanced and quite expensive pixels, i’m gonna have both, actually. I’ve always been fascinated by the BAE146, as it’s quite a different kind of grasshopper, having 4 engines whilst still being quite small, it’s definately the go-to airplane to do some city hopping, preferably on the London City Airport routes, somehow it just B(A)Elongs there.

As for the PMDG, well, i’ve admired their products for quite a long time, they have made quite the name for themselves and as said, i now have the finances to pay for them without going bankrupt, so i will definately be supporting their productline. Already have the DC6 and love the attention to details. It also means they have quite the reputation to uphold, so yeah, it’ll take some time to have it all working to their standards.

So i guess which ever i buy first, is actually the first one that comes out.

But in terms of favorite airplane, that would be the 737-300 (but i haven’t seen any anouncement for that series, as the Next Gens (600 and up, i think it was) are up first. I’d love a -200 as well :wink: with those small dart like engine, but yeah, going for the first one to come out and very much looking forwards to learning a lot about operating it, but also just want to fly it without all the hassle of being intimate with it. I can nerd it, but i can also convince myself to not-nerd… :slight_smile:

have a great flight, Captains!

Woof ~ Woof & Salute!

Steiny

1 Like

BAe 146, as it’s more interesting.

1 Like

I’m mostly interested on cargo ops. Which one would be the best option? I hope both of them will offer cargo variants, but, if we talk about info available for this kind of operations based on these models (routes, real cargo procedures,…) which one offers more useful info about this topic suitable for using in the sim?

1 Like

I agree with your full comment but especially that sentence lol :slight_smile: Happy flying to you as well, what an amazing sim we have!

3 Likes

I’m mostly into GA aircraft, but also like to collect well done birds so will probably get at least one of those 2, waiting to see what the final price of the pmdg is. I think it will be a while before I get into flying heavies on a regular basis, but they are fascinating even to just sit in the cockpit and marvel at all the switches, buttons, and systems. I suspect whichever one I get I will not fly it very often in the near term, I’ve only flown the pmdg dc6 one time after buying it when it first came out. I’ve flown the flybywire a320 only a few times and only ever landed it one time. Actually, I have quite a few aircraft that I’ve bought but only flown once or twice, but most of them were not as expensive as these fancy study level heavies.

Probably will get both but if I had to choose one, PMDG. The live streams have pushed me over the edge the last couple of days

tbh. If I had to decide for one I’d wait for critical reviews on both of them and then wait for the 737-800 if i’d choose the PMDG one. Looks like there are still some bugs on the PMDG one anyway.

1 Like

146, every time. 737 is too… prosaic in comparison. The BAe is a very unique, quirky piece of aviation history, for me.

2 Likes

Wing42 Boeing 247D. Best price-to-quality ratio.

2 Likes

Nice, but has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the OP.

3 Likes