ILS frequencies in VFR Map

Where exactly can I find the ILS frequencies of the individual runways? Can you integrate this into the map, i.e. when you click on an airport?

Regards

Florian

3 Likes

In the previous versions of Microsoft Flight Sims, we are able to obtain information such as airport runway numbers, ILS freq./heading, comms freq., navaid freq., etc. in flight using the map. The current implementation of the “VFR map” do not have such functionality and there is no way to obtain such information once in flight (unless one uses third-party tools which may not be in sync with the nav/comms data in the simulator).

Therefore, suggest to include another map mode that allows such nav/comms data to be accessed in flight from within the sim.

8 Likes

Also “VFR - map”

Can have configurable:

• Country borders → on / off
  • Orientation points → on / off (Its good to define what mean Orienration point. eg. Cities)
4 Likes

It is difficult to understand that this old MS feature is not here.

1 Like

+1
I’m really missing the inflight map, it was so helpful, I can’t understand why such a basic feature/tool is not implemented.

1 Like

Yes, the lack of a useful map during flight is a bit weird. Would like to have a detailed map with borders, rivers, lakes, cities, radio-navigation aids, etc.

1 Like

Would be very usefull to have in the map information about the frecuency of the vor, adf, ils etc.

I agree that would be very helpful!

I hace everything in ultra except the lens correction. No it works fine

It is honestly the only thing that really makes me angry - this “map” called thing is completely useless; I have the feeling that the VFR map is the result of a very arcade-like thinking developper -“let’s erase most of the things so that it is more of a challenge to finde your way”.

And that is the opposite of the use of such a map…

I’m with you. we Need definitely more informations out of these map or a separate.
i wish also weather informations!

Rgds Markus

2 Likes

Yes, I’d love it if the VFR map was more an approximation of a proper VFR map ala Skyvector than an approximation of the Garmin GPS map. Ideally with selectable layers so it can be as simple or complex as needed.

Bonus points for being able to draw lines on it (like in Bing Maps) to measure distance or determine a radial.

5 Likes

I love this idea! :+1:t2:
Should be a separate topic for voting!

2 Likes

Add airways low and high

2 Likes

You can find the ILS frequencies within the Garmins themselves (example on TBM 930 under waypoint information I believe) or the actual approach plate. I use Navigraph personally for all the approach plate related information for this and other sims.

Agreed regarding blurry runway text when zooming into VFR map. Can make it tricky to know exactly where to land after receiving the ATC instructions.

2 Likes

Count me in. Would be handy to have popup of freq’s for VOR and NDB as well as ILS

What I can’t believe is that all that information was available in FSX, and they didn’t use it.

3 Likes

YEAP that is great to have. Also use to position aircraft anyware say to keep practicing ILS apporaches and it would show you your track. Im still using FS9 and its all there.

Thats why I say this simn lacks a lot

Yes definatly