Im done with this sim on XBOX

Care to elaborate?

The whole point of this forum is to be sound about the largest issues. The hope is for Asobo to notice and do something about it. There is nothing pointless about that.

8 Likes

Everybody is entitled to post his/her experiences with the sim. Sometimes it begins with frustration, then people jump in with advice, and them quite often an issue gets solved.
It is not for fun that Asobo releases this bug-data harvesting update. They are bound to develop in a virtual environment/sandbox and this doesn’t completely mimic the real xbox. That seems to be the trap in which they are caught right now. So they ask the help of the community because they really want to make this the best sim on all platforms. In this way we can all share our passion for flying.
Hopefully they will be able to pinpoint and fix most of the existing issues soon.
Everybody wants the xbox owners to enjoy our marvellous world from above.
:blue_heart::flight_departure::earth_americas::earth_africa:

7 Likes

I haven’t had anything gamebreaking with the default a320, but plenty of little niggles. Are STARS fixed in it now?

Good now invest in a beefy PC and enjoy another dimension of flight simming with access to tons of better addons, better control surface hardware, and ability to tweak and mod most files to your liking.
The Xbox version served it’s purpose quite well actually…to give you a little taste and lead you onto the ultimate path of sim freedom😛

4 Likes

Thanks all so far for your replies.

I can look into the Beta system and see if that can help the team out.

The only addons i use are livery packs and PAD airport. Flying without other players and live weather usually results in the same issues, only slightly delayed.

Im not sure if the issues are Series S or X related, might work better on the X.

And yes i also experienced a lot of good times with the sim. I was very pleased. Until 2/3 months ago. The Top Gun DLC was something i really enjoyed as well (didnt experience any CTD or bugs there)

To me its just annoying how everything worked (almost) perfectly a few SU back.

4 Likes

This….is the issue

2 Likes

Would it be worth it removing all the add ons i have (livery packs and 1 airport) to see if that helps? The others are just world updates nothing crazy.

Absolutely. Any add ons will cause crashes. Do not uninstall the game just the add ons and add one by one till you find the culprit

I suppose the programmers have to code for XBox and PC separately …
Wonderful… At the onset of the MSFS I was led to believe the core programming would be the same for both… then someone said something about iOS … YIKES

If you are going to try the Beta with extra telemetry:
Do NOT uninstall anything!

This might give the team some usefull hints.

In our little german community I am flying, we have some X-Box pilots which already did some tests.
They did the tests some weeks ago.
Will not tell the outcome now, because it might end up with sending the wrong telemetry to Asobo.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if the liveries caused anything but could be worth looking into

Hopefully promising for us…

To be honest:
What the guys discovered means work for Asobo!

Which might help the PC-users like me as well.
But we on the PC already have a very good solution from some smart 3rd-Party Developer who made the MSFS Addons Linker.

MSFS Addons Linker » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Gatekeepers gonna gatekeep.

4 Likes

I don’t understand, how is it gatekeeping when you state the obvious? It’s pretty clear that MSFS struggles on consoles. One obvious reason is because the XSS and XSX don’t have dedicated VRAM, unlike PC. And that’s already an important factor to consider if you don’t want to have CTDs.

1 Like

Is it obvious though? Look beyond your preconceptions and you will see no shortage of Xbox users, myself included, who have enjoyed hours of trouble-free simming. My own experience as somebody who moved from PC to Xbox is that the latter has provided me with a far more accessible, convenient and - yes - enjoyable experience.

Yes, it’s true that this experience is not universal and that some Xbox users are having a suboptimal experience. However you only need to have a cursory look at this forum (including several threads currently on the front page) to see that there is no shortage of PC users who are also having issues. Do we conclude from this that, perhaps, MSFS is not suited to PC?

No - of course we don’t.

By the way, if you want a deep dive technical analysis showing just how well the Xbox experience has been optimised, it’s worth looking back at this extensive piece from the well-regarded industry analysts at Digital Foundry:

9 Likes

I’m specifically talking about the addons, file accessibility and hardware upgrade. For serious simmers like myself I prefer the PC to control and manipulate files. Add addons and liveries from flightsim.to and GitHub. A320 and 787 mods. Engine sound mods. To provide even more realism. I can delete the content.xml file If I experience CTD or other issues. Which is extremely rare for me anyway. So when I said It shouldn’t have been produced for XBOX I was solely speaking from a long time serious simmer. I guess I touched a nerve with some of ya’ll. It’s not that serious, more critical things in life than my opinion. It’s not like Microsoft and Asobo are going to remove it from Xbox now or ever after reading my opinion lol. -yours truly aka Gatekeeper

2 Likes

We don’t get to pretend one type of simmer is more serious than another in here. That’s just how the forum works. Every kind of flying is correct.

As for the Series X, it needs better optimization. It shows more stutters than the S right now so it clearly can run smoother.

Fingers crossed SU10 brings the sim performance on Xbox back to center like SU5 before the GOTY Edition did last year.

And both consoles as they currently run MSFS can run circles around my (cough) superior PC.

PC has its perks, price is not one of them. But this is not a thread about which is better.

Console owners have long known the difference between their gaming console and their home computer.

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience here. If you do decide to play the sim again using the Xbox Stability Beta, your telemetry reports will go a long way for us as we work on making the sim more stable on Xbox X and S.

I’m sorry to hear your experience hasn’t been great the last few months, and we have definitely seen some similar sentiments here with other Xbox users. We are very glad to have launched the sim on Xbox to allow for more people to join in and become simmers, and we hope to improve the stability here soon, especially with all the data we have already started to collect from the Xbox Beta. Cheers!

20 Likes

Will we soon hear info about the upcoming SU10 testing? Yes I’m impatient can’t wait for us to test it :sweat_smile: