I'm lovin' it!

I have one of those “high end” machines - at least I like to think so - i9 10900K, RTX 3080, 64Gb RAM - and I’m happy to report I’m lovin’ it too. As we all acknowledge, there are bugs, but as I’ve said before on this forum, I’d rather be having fun and on the journey while the sim matures and improves than sitting waiting empty handed for 10 years for the perfect sim to turn up…which will of course never be perfect. The current clouds/weather debate in the beta forums is a good example of people demanding an impossible perfection from a £60 entertainment software - I’m leaving them to it.

I’ve been here from launch (not alpha/beta pre launch) and there are few positive posts like these (thanks @SlabsFly ) so it great to hear that others are having as much enjoyment as I am. For a “game” without missions and goals, there is a huge amount to do - my hanger is backed up with planes I want to learn to fly, procedures to learn, IFR, VRF to learn to do properly, bush trips, navigation…

I’ve been around the world sightseeing in the TBM (90,000 Nm)

I’m currently slowly making my way around the world again, this time in the DC-6 via every capital city (although progress is slow as I keep getting distracted by the F-16, or Reno, or the Hawk, or the G1000 NXi or the…)

The sim is performing beautifully for me and I have had few major issues over the last 15 months or so. Maybe I’m fortunate in that regard - but I think there is a lot to be said for mindset - if I encounter a bug or issue, my thoughts are how to work around it, not to thrash about in frustration and stomp off. It’s only a sim at the end of the day…and yet it does give so much enjoyment.

8 Likes