I'm so super impressed with MSFS! Ever been curious about what the full potential of graphics looks like? LOD 9.00s No Photogrammetry melt as far as the eye can see

Wow it looks terrible. Something wrong in your system. I hope you can solve and enjoy of the real graphics.

Thank you, just done.

This is what I don’t get, why is yours so much smoother?

I have no idea, my friend. As you may know every computer is different even with the same hardware. I’m sure your machine is better than mine and there is something you can check, I don’t know, maybe some programs loaded when windows start, or something like this. I’m with computers more than 40 years and I see very strange things.
I’m sure you will get very good results. Cheers !!

Before SU5 I had no problems using LOD 4, everything was smooth including turns. Now, after SU5 I get sever stutters when turning and when looking around with TrackIR. Anything I can do? Or do I have to go back to LOD 2?

That sounds like the memory issue in that SU5 unloads more from physical memory and must load it back in. It leaves those of us with 32GB or 64GB of memory out of luck and MSFS has been tuned use 16GB or memory. TRackIR andf VR users are the worse off since you move your view all of the time.

Uppppsssss…
I never had interest to stress somebody I just try to help, if I can.
If you feel bad with my words, my apologizes. Maybe is because my bad english.
Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

LOD 7/4
Best settings for me.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good excuse to get 64GB RAM :slight_smile: LOL

1 Like

Solved! It was an add-on from Bijan (season add-on) that was messing up with my sim.

2 Likes

That sounds perfect. Congratulations and enjoy flying !!

2 Likes

The 9700K is incredible and mine is overclocked to 5.0 Ghz on all cores.

45 fps Ultra LOD 9.0 with an RTX 3080.
Oh and barley and stutters when looking around.

1 Like

I have 64 GB of memory.

My system is the same before and after SU5.

I might see an increase in FPS is all that I notice.

1 Like

Looks awesome!!! Thank-you for sharing your results :slight_smile:

In the second hotfix announcement here they said this would be addressed in WU6 later in August.

LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly. We are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).

3 Likes

Until the market place get updated, you can ask for updated version that works with SU5. Email me screenshot of your seasons purchased and email to bijanstudiola@gmail.com and I send the updated seasons.

1 Like

Especially now we have another fix on the way from Asobo. Put my 64Gb back into play :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sure hope so. I didn’t spend a bunch of money on a PC to have it nerfed down to an Xbox.

I’m still hopeful. We need to get RAM back into play for sure. The ability to load and carry through. I hope we do get a way on PC to bring that back. It is especially key to keep a high texture load with the graphics on par pre SU5. It does look good now, but I have seen so many before and after that I have to believe that it did look great. Let our systems breath it in with 32GB and more

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.